Which are the most commonly used algorithms for five-in-a-..

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

Hi!

I am wondering which algorithms are most often used to create game AI in
five-in-a-row type of games?

The reason i am asking is that i have made an algorithm, and would like
to implement different solutions so that i am able to compare it's
performance against the most commonly used ones.

Regards, Kent

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Kent Larsson wrote:

>I am wondering which algorithms are most often used to create game AI in
>five-in-a-row type of games?

Brute-force searching, I'll guess...?

// Michael

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

Hi, Kent,
if you are interested to compete against other five-in-a-row engines
just check out:
http://people.freenet.de/AiTI-IT/
and if you can express your algorithms in terms of JavaScript
maybe I can add your engine(s) to the collection of already
available ones?

Claudio

"Kent Larsson" <kent.larsson@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi!
>
> I am wondering which algorithms are most often used to create game AI in
> five-in-a-row type of games?
>
> The reason i am asking is that i have made an algorithm, and would like
> to implement different solutions so that i am able to compare it's
> performance against the most commonly used ones.
>
> Regards, Kent

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

I've read through most of the site and played a number of the engines
that are available. It is very unfortunate that they don't play well against
human players.

I'm finding that individuals interested in competitive AI programming
don't like giving up their code so easily. They'd rather hide their code
behind a more remote interface, perhaps a web service or other network
layer. Do you think that more AI developers would compete if they
were able to hide their code? Unfortunately it is hard to tell the
difference
in such a framework between human players and AI. The AI would have
to exceed the ability of the human player to ensure that two AI were
actually playing and competing against one another, else a properly coded
user interface model would allow a human player to pretend to be a bot
over the network layer.

Justin Rogers
DigiTec Web Consultants, LLC.
Blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/justin_rogers