P800 SyncStation Connection Problems

Last response: in Brands
March 16, 2005 10:46:26 AM

Hello all,

I've searched over the net for an answer for this problem and hopefully it's a
common one that some of you have experienced.

I have a Sony Ericsson P800 with the SyncStation that came with it. Everything
works the first time I boot my computer. I sit the phone on the SyncStation and
I get the little phone icon in the system tray. However, when I take the phone
off the cradle and walk around for a while (do what I have to do) then come
*back* to the computer and place it back on the SyncStation, the software fails!
And, it's not the connectivity software (because the Connectivity Link icon says
that my phone is connected) but basically I don't get that phone icon anymore
and opening the "My P800" link on the desktop says that the phone isn't connected.
Opening up the Task Manager shows that there's a program SCRFS.EXE that is
taking up 99% of my CPU but it's not doing anything! I heard a suggestion that
this could be a firewall issue but disabling my firewall did nothing to help either.

Does anyone have any possible solutions? Thanks in advance,
Nick.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 2:28:32 PM

"n|ck" <enickma3k@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,

<snip>

A couple of ideas, as I've experienced the same thing with my P900.

1. Make sure that you've given "Allow" permissions to all the SE/Intuwave
modules in memory, i.e.:
audevicemgr.exe
CONNMN~1.EXE
mRouterRuntime.exe

2. Give it time :-) The other day it took a whole 5 minutes for SE data
suite to find the phone after sitting the bugger in the cradle (I timed it,
that's how sad I am :-D )

3. A last resort, this: Install mRouter3 Beta, which used to be found here:
http://www.intuwave.com/index.php?page=105 but has now been removed. I have
downloaded it for use with my old Siemens SX1, so I can send it if you'd
like...as I say, this is a last-resort, as you'll run the risk of conflicts
with mRouter 2.0, which needs to be removed prior to installation of 3.0
beta.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards
Chris

Chris G. wrote:
> 1. Make sure that you've given "Allow" permissions to all the SE/Intuwave
> modules in memory, i.e.:
> audevicemgr.exe
> CONNMN~1.EXE
> mRouterRuntime.exe

Okay, how do I do that exactly?

> 2. Give it time :-) The other day it took a whole 5 minutes for SE data
> suite to find the phone after sitting the bugger in the cradle (I timed it,
> that's how sad I am :-D )

I'll try that now :)

> 3. A last resort, this: Install mRouter3 Beta, which used to be found here:
> http://www.intuwave.com/index.php?page=105 but has now been removed. I have
> downloaded it for use with my old Siemens SX1, so I can send it if you'd
> like...as I say, this is a last-resort, as you'll run the risk of conflicts
> with mRouter 2.0, which needs to be removed prior to installation of 3.0
> beta.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind - Thanks for the great response!
March 17, 2005 1:52:55 PM

> Chris G. wrote:
>> 1. Make sure that you've given "Allow" permissions to all the SE/Intuwave
>> modules in memory, i.e.:
>> audevicemgr.exe
>> CONNMN~1.EXE
>> mRouterRuntime.exe
>
> Okay, how do I do that exactly?

Sorry, a little badly phrased on my part there :-) what I should have said
is ensure that all these modules have, in your firewall, permission to
access the net. How you do this depends on your firewall, of course. I use
Sygate, where it's simply a matter of getting the spplication/connection
window up, right clicking each SE-related prog. then selecting "Allow"

--
Regards
Chris

Chris G. wrote:
> Sorry, a little badly phrased on my part there :-) what I should have said
> is ensure that all these modules have, in your firewall, permission to
> access the net. How you do this depends on your firewall, of course. I use
> Sygate, where it's simply a matter of getting the spplication/connection
> window up, right clicking each SE-related prog. then selecting "Allow"

Yeah, I thought that's what you meant. The problem is though (I'm using Windows
Firewall) that the SCRFS.EXE program works absolutely perfectly the first time I
sit the phone on the cradle but the second time it freezes and uses up 99% of my
CPU!

I don't think it's a firewall issue either because I did try disabling the
firewall but to no avail :(

Thanks for your help though - greatly appreciated!

Nick.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 3:16:55 PM

I have the same problem: first time after reboot, connection is okay;
second time I try to connect is unsuccessful. Tried calling Sony and
looked everytwhere for a solution but none is available. (Other forums
indicate the same problem but no solution.)

I do however believe that the problem is with the PHONE MONITOR port
which seems to enable itself no matter what I do with that port using
the control panel/phone monitor port control. I can disable the port
used by the Sync Station manually but as soon as I reopen the Phone
Monitor in control panel, the port is re-enabled.

When I spoke to one of the better technicians at Sony about this, she
said that indeed the Sync Station port in the Phone Monitor should be
DISABLED for the Sync Station to be seen by the PC - otherwise the
Phone Monitor "steals" that port, pre-empting the Sync Station
connection.

Tried everything including changing the enabled value of that port in
the registry to 0 - but it changes back to 1 as soon as I look at it
again. Something (WHAT???) is changing that value.

If anyone has a clue, please let us know!

--
PRSchwob