exactly what type of plug for mn-500

Last response: in Networking
April 24, 2004 7:00:42 PM

exactly what type of plug and power adapterdouse the Mn-
500 use? IE; voltage,ampage,name of plug type.

More about : type plug 500

April 25, 2004 6:13:33 PM

The specs are on the back of the MN500.

12VDC, 500mA, polarity (+)- [negative outside, positive
inside). If you are in the US, you also need 120V, 60Hz.
0.1A on input (in europe you'll want 220-240V, 50Hz). It
uses a round jack with a hole in the center (same as in
many telephone power adapters) -- sorry I don't have the
name for it.

The adapter is a FoxLink, Class 2 AC transformer, model
FA-4A030-1. It's made in China.

Any adapter with 500mA or more, 12VDC, a set of different
connecting jacks, and the righ polarity will do.
Universal adapters offer multiple voltages, a switch for
the polarity, and multiple jacks and should work fine if
500mA or more -- you can get them at RadioShack, CompUSA
and others. If you take the MN500 with you it should be
easy to get the right adapter.

!