Sound Bombings, GXTP 6.1 and Audigy EX

gal128

Distinguished
May 14, 2002
I have both cards installed in my newest system and after having a weekend to play with both and try to maximize their abilities I will say this. With my Promedia 5.1 and some decent Advanced research cable the GXTP 6.1 beat down the Audigy like it stole something.

The margin was very slim between the two but then I got my head on straight and went and purchased some RCA to miniplug cable by Advanced Research and the improvement I got was just astonishing.

After the diffirence I heard this weekend, to me there is no reason to purchase the Audigy EX. Especially with the $80 price difference between the two. I will add more to this on 5/25.

HULK SMASH!!!

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Now, get a nice cable to go form line out on a portable cd player and to the RCA inputs on the front of the GTXP. Inset CD, hit play, instant custom, super high quality soundtrack for whatever game your playing etc....=)

I used monster xp speaker cables myself on my logitech z-560's to get better signal to the satellites, man, wish i had a set of pro media 5.1s....

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

gal128

Distinguished
May 14, 2002
I was going to get the monster cable RCA to miniplug cable but they retailed @ $40. I don't have that kind of dough, but I will get a monster cable to go from my stereo to PC, I am aslo considering the Klipsch decoder to put everything in surround that would be stereo.

Also, I am wondering if there is a better medium to increase the Audigy EX performance?

HULK SMASH!!!

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
What do you mean by better medium for audigy? Not sure what your referring to.

a 10 dollar cable from radio shack should work sufficiently for a mini to RCA. Thats what i use.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

Tommunist

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
monster cable = waste of money
unless you are going some fairly serious distance, but accross your living room you won't notice trust me.
(don't let the guys at worstbuy fool you)

*** Duff Man says a lot of things, OH YEAH!!! ***

FatBurger

Illustrious
The difference is that they have a lifetime warranty, so you can have them replaced 50 years from now for no cost. Sound quality doesn't change between two good cables.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

gal128

Distinguished
May 14, 2002
Monster Cable cannot enhance crappy equipment. But if you are talking makers like Klipsch, Martin Logan, Definitive or Monitor you want something the caliber of Monster cable possibly higher.

Oh yeah, Monster Cable will be the last cable you will ever buy for your particular application. Especially if you are using an amp and a pre-amp.

HULK SMASH!!!

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Not sure where you guys are coming from but I guarantee your flat out wrong. Replacing standard wires that came with logitech Z-560's with much heavier monster speaker wire makes a very noticable difference. Especially on the rear speakers. There are good reasons for this and i'm not the only one who's done it and noticed it. We had several people do this with very good results a while back on 3dsoundsurge forums.

This has nothing to do with it being "Monster" brand cable. Its has everything to do with the heavier wire. We're not talking about switching brand y high quality cable with brand x high quality cable. We're talking about switching crap that came with speaker to anything good quality and heavier.

You get less signal and power loss and less corruption supposedly, it does make a difference.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by williamc on 06/27/02 04:44 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Tommunist

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
I'm not saying using really crappy cable won't hurt you but MonsterCable is way more expensive than it should be. You're paying for the name. (if you realized how attenuation worked you would know that when going a short distance, paying for monster cable is not worth it.)

*** :cool: Duff Man says a lot of things, OH YEAH!!! :cool: ***<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tommunist on 06/27/02 06:17 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

monster cable depletes the worlds valuable copper supply unduly.

can't blame the company for meeting the demand though. it must be a gold mine for them.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by knewton on 06/27/02 11:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
You guys are totally missing the point....this has nothing to do with Monster cable. I bought what was readily available at the best price i could easily find.

And it makes a very noticable difference to me and to others. It sounds alot better than the crap cables that came with the speakers.

Nuff said.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by williamc on 06/28/02 09:36 AM.</EM></FONT></P>