P910 web update: now not responding

Last response: in Brands
March 22, 2005 3:18:55 AM

Dear all.

I started the web firmware update on my P910 and left it alone for a while.

When I got back the PC showed a dreadful "Error communicating with the
device" and the phone was off

Now it doesn't even start anymore, on button has no effect.
Doing the "recovery mode" doesn't work either as I get the error "Error
communicating with the device" again

Any ideas?

Regards
Jean-Yves
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 3:18:56 AM

"Jean-Yves Avenard" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Dear all.
>
> I started the web firmware update on my P910 and left it alone for a
> while.
>
> When I got back the PC showed a dreadful "Error communicating with the
> device" and the phone was off
>
> Now it doesn't even start anymore, on button has no effect.
> Doing the "recovery mode" doesn't work either as I get the error "Error
> communicating with the device" again
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards
> Jean-Yves

Might be worth taking the battery out for a minute and see if that helps -
worth a go at least.

I dont know if the 910 has a hard reset button under the cover? Check for
that too.

HTH

Ian
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 3:18:57 AM

Forgot to add...

Are you sure the battery is full?

The 910 will start to get very sluggish and crash a lot if the battery is
low.

Have you tried it with the power supply?

Ian
March 22, 2005 8:43:52 PM

Ian Roberts wrote:
> Forgot to add...
>
> Are you sure the battery is full?

Hello

Yes..

I fully charged the phone before I started the upgrade procedure.
I guess I have to go to a Sony Ericsson center now

Jean-Yves
!