P910 web update: now not responding

Dear all.

I started the web firmware update on my P910 and left it alone for a while.

When I got back the PC showed a dreadful "Error communicating with the
device" and the phone was off

Now it doesn't even start anymore, on button has no effect.
Doing the "recovery mode" doesn't work either as I get the error "Error
communicating with the device" again

Any ideas?

Regards
Jean-Yves
5 answers Last reply
More about p910 update responding

    "Jean-Yves Avenard" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Dear all.
    >
    > I started the web firmware update on my P910 and left it alone for a
    > while.
    >
    > When I got back the PC showed a dreadful "Error communicating with the
    > device" and the phone was off
    >
    > Now it doesn't even start anymore, on button has no effect.
    > Doing the "recovery mode" doesn't work either as I get the error "Error
    > communicating with the device" again
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Regards
    > Jean-Yves

    Might be worth taking the battery out for a minute and see if that helps -
    worth a go at least.

    I dont know if the 910 has a hard reset button under the cover? Check for
    that too.

    HTH

    Ian

    Forgot to add...

    Are you sure the battery is full?

    The 910 will start to get very sluggish and crash a lot if the battery is
    low.

    Have you tried it with the power supply?

    Ian

    Ian Roberts wrote:
    > Forgot to add...
    >
    > Are you sure the battery is full?

    Hello

    Yes..

    I fully charged the phone before I started the upgrade procedure.
    I guess I have to go to a Sony Ericsson center now

    Jean-Yves

    Make sure you have the lastest version of Java runtime installed
    it only works on the newsest version of runtime

    https://sdlcweb2c.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=1A9BB33091B024BFC8A918BB3C8FAE23

    Brian

    Hi. I blocked my P910 and now i need to unlock it. Can someone tell me
    anything for http://www.westerna.org there is unlocking hardware.

    --
    misho

Ericsson Devices