Tungsten C WIFI HANG

May 5, 2004 7:48:10 PM

The wifi on my Tungsten C works but will not work on my home network.
I get as far as "Network: Obtaining IP address..." before it just
hangs and requires a soft reset.

Has this every happened to anyone else? My home network is working
with my laptop.

More about : tungsten wifi hang

May 6, 2004 3:14:26 AM

It sounds like you're connecting but not getting a DHCP address. Try
assigning a static IP to the connection properties and see how that does.

Regards,
Gary

Wy wrote:

> The wifi on my Tungsten C works but will not work on my home network.
> I get as far as "Network: Obtaining IP address..." before it just
> hangs and requires a soft reset.
>
> Has this every happened to anyone else? My home network is working
> with my laptop.
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 5:46:47 AM

In article <619349.0405051448.1bf3b85b@posting.google.com>,
wyplum@prodigy.net (Wy) wrote:

> The wifi on my Tungsten C works but will not work on my home network.
> I get as far as "Network: Obtaining IP address..." before it just
> hangs and requires a soft reset.
>
> Has this every happened to anyone else? My home network is working
> with my laptop.

Hey there,

It happens to me also. How long have you waited before you did a soft
reset? I found if you wait a long time (more than 2 mins) it will
eventually time out. Most of the time I do what you do, I get so pissed
at waiting that I do a soft reset and go about my way.

M. Prindle
May 6, 2004 5:46:48 AM

M. Prindle wrote:

> In article <619349.0405051448.1bf3b85b@posting.google.com>,
> wyplum@prodigy.net (Wy) wrote:
>

>>The wifi on my Tungsten C works but will not work on my home network.
>>I get as far as "Network: Obtaining IP address..." before it just
>>hangs and requires a soft reset.
>>
>>Has this every happened to anyone else? My home network is working
>>with my laptop.
>

> Hey there,
>
> It happens to me also. How long have you waited before you did a soft
> reset? I found if you wait a long time (more than 2 mins) it will
> eventually time out. Most of the time I do what you do, I get so pissed
> at waiting that I do a soft reset and go about my way.
>
> M. Prindle
Have you looked at the Tungsten C update at PalmOne? I updated mine and
all the problems went away.

--
<o><><><><><><><><><><><o><><><><><><><o><><><><><><><><><><><><><o>
http://www.texbiker.net -- Texas Bicycling Information Central.

May 6, 2004 1:56:04 PM

Rick Ankrum <texbiker@texbiker.net> wrote in message news:<4099b01d$1_3@corp.newsgroups.com>...
> M. Prindle wrote:
>
> > In article <619349.0405051448.1bf3b85b@posting.google.com>,
> > wyplum@prodigy.net (Wy) wrote:
> >

> >>The wifi on my Tungsten C works but will not work on my home network.
> >>I get as far as "Network: Obtaining IP address..." before it just
> >>hangs and requires a soft reset.
> >>
> >>Has this every happened to anyone else? My home network is working
> >>with my laptop.
> >

> > Hey there,
> >
> > It happens to me also. How long have you waited before you did a soft
> > reset? I found if you wait a long time (more than 2 mins) it will
> > eventually time out. Most of the time I do what you do, I get so pissed
> > at waiting that I do a soft reset and go about my way.
> >
> > M. Prindle
> Have you looked at the Tungsten C update at PalmOne? I updated mine and
> all the problems went away.

To: M. Prindle
I updated at PalmOne, but the update did not fix my problem.

Wy
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 5:14:46 AM

In article <4099b01d$1_3@corp.newsgroups.com>,
Rick Ankrum <texbiker@texbiker.net> wrote:

> M. Prindle wrote:
>
> > In article <619349.0405051448.1bf3b85b@posting.google.com>,
> > wyplum@prodigy.net (Wy) wrote:
> >

> >>The wifi on my Tungsten C works but will not work on my home network.
> >>I get as far as "Network: Obtaining IP address..." before it just
> >>hangs and requires a soft reset.
> >>
> >>Has this every happened to anyone else? My home network is working
> >>with my laptop.
> >

> > Hey there,
> >
> > It happens to me also. How long have you waited before you did a soft
> > reset? I found if you wait a long time (more than 2 mins) it will
> > eventually time out. Most of the time I do what you do, I get so pissed
> > at waiting that I do a soft reset and go about my way.
> >
> > M. Prindle
> Have you looked at the Tungsten C update at PalmOne? I updated mine and
> all the problems went away.

Cool,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll update it as soon as I can to see if the
problem goes away.

M. Prindle
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 9:28:35 AM

Jack <no_spam_please_glech@aol.com> wrote in message news:<40997551.7B61D488@aol.com>...
> It sounds like you're connecting but not getting a DHCP address. Try
> assigning a static IP to the connection properties and see how that does.
>
> Regards,
> Gary

To Gary,

Your solution was right on. I Am able to connect and have a stong
signal. But when I try and browse the internet I am getting the
message: "Your handheld could not connect to the server." Any help out
there?

Wy
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 4:16:28 PM

Wy <wyplum@prodigy.net> wrote:
> Jack <no_spam_please_glech@aol.com> wrote in message
>> It sounds like you're connecting but not getting a DHCP address. Try
>> assigning a static IP to the connection properties and see how that
>> does.
>>

> Your solution was right on. I Am able to connect and have a stong
> signal. But when I try and browse the internet I am getting the
> message: "Your handheld could not connect to the server." Any help out
> there?

Assigning an IP is only part of what a DHCP server does. You also need to
assign at least one DNS server, and in most cases also a gateway. Either
manually, or by fixing the DHCP (as noted in another post in this thread).

--
*Art
!