I'm looking for AI e-books

Archived from groups: comp.ai,comp.ai.games,comp.programming (More info?)

Hi!
I'm looking for electronic versions of these titles:
1) AI Techniques for Game Programming by Mat Buckland
2) AI Game Development by Alex J. Champandard
3) AI for Game Developers by David M. Bourg, Glenn Seemann
4) AI Game Engine Programming by Brian Schwab
5) Programming Game AI by Example by Mat Buckland

Thanks,
Michael.

[ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
[ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
[ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]
11 answers Last reply
More about books
  1. Archived from groups: comp.ai,comp.ai.games,comp.programming (More info?)

    Good start,

    posting to a newsgroup where some of the authors are active or lurking.

    way to go!

    Here's a thought, it might seem radical...but....
    you could always buy them!

    [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
    [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
    [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]
  2. Archived from groups: comp.ai,comp.ai.games,comp.programming (More info?)

    User "datacide" <datacide@gmail.com> wrote in
    > Good start,
    >
    > posting to a newsgroup where some of the authors are active or lurking.
    >
    > way to go!
    >
    > Here's a thought, it might seem radical...but....
    > you could always buy them!

    I know that some of the authors may read my post but:
    1) I live in Poland and I have no possibility to buy polish editions of
    these books
    2) it's to expensive for me to purchase these titles abroad
    This issue is the subject of my research, so maybe someone could help me to
    get these books?

    [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
    [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
    [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]
  3. Archived from groups: comp.ai,comp.ai.games,comp.programming (More info?)

    Mikey wrote:
    > User "datacide" <datacide@gmail.com> wrote in
    > > Good start,
    > >
    > > posting to a newsgroup where some of the authors are active or
    lurking.

    > > way to go!
    > >
    > > Here's a thought, it might seem radical...but....
    > > you could always buy them!
    > >

    > I know that some of the authors may read my post but:
    > 1) I live in Poland and I have no possibility to buy polish editions
    of
    > these books
    > 2) it's to expensive for me to purchase these titles abroad
    > This issue is the subject of my research, so maybe someone could help
    me to
    > get these books?

    I'm sorry to hear that you can't get these titles. There are sites
    like www.half.com where you can get used books for cheap, you could try
    that. Is that research for a school / university project? If so, why
    don't you ask your institution to buy the books for you?

    Else, there are tons of free informations available on the net... or
    you could still try to contact the authors themselves. On
    www.ai-depot.com you should find informations on how to reach Alex, and
    on www.ai-junkie.com the informations on how to reach Mat.
    Please don't "e-Steal" these books.

    Hope this helps.

    Eric

    [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
    [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
    [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]
  4. Archived from groups: comp.ai,comp.ai.games,comp.programming (More info?)

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:47:16 GMT, "Mikey" <mikey3.cut_it@wp.pl> wrote:

    >User "datacide" <datacide@gmail.com> wrote in
    >> Good start,
    >>
    >> posting to a newsgroup where some of the authors are active or lurking.
    >>
    >> way to go!
    >>
    >> Here's a thought, it might seem radical...but....
    >> you could always buy them!
    >>

    >I know that some of the authors may read my post but:
    >1) I live in Poland and I have no possibility to buy polish editions of
    >these books
    >2) it's to expensive for me to purchase these titles abroad
    >This issue is the subject of my research, so maybe someone could help me to
    >get these books?

    Well.... at it has been stated many times on pl.* groups: living in
    Poland is not the excuse for software piracy or violating copyrights
    laws...

    I don't know how to help you... The total cost of books you are
    interested in is about $300. Pretty unlikely that somebody will buy
    these books for you from his own pocket. But if this is really the
    research, then you are not doing this research in the vacuum: there
    must be the university, school, scientific institution or whatever.
    There must be the library, and if there is the library, and these
    books are not in the library, then the library can borrow these books
    from other library. This system was functioning well even during much
    harder times than now.

    A.L.

    [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
    [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
    [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]
  5. Archived from groups: comp.ai,comp.ai.games,comp.programming (More info?)

    Mikey wrote:
    > Hi!
    > I'm looking for electronic versions of these titles:
    > 1) AI Techniques for Game Programming by Mat Buckland
    > 2) AI Game Development by Alex J. Champandard
    > 3) AI for Game Developers by David M. Bourg, Glenn Seemann
    > 4) AI Game Engine Programming by Brian Schwab
    > 5) Programming Game AI by Example by Mat Buckland
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Michael.

    Hi Mikey,

    Check this forum u can find a qite big list AI books

    http://www.edaboard.com

    Good luck,
    i-walker

    [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
    [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
    [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]
  6. Archived from groups: comp.ai,comp.ai.games,comp.programming (More info?)

    www.emule-project.net

    I know what it is not to be able to get material for research. It is
    like knowledge is being restricted to the rich.

    Now, I do not suggest you to go and steal these (or any other) titles.
    If you need, there are TONS of FREE information about AI in the web.

    I would sugest you to suscribe to the ACM (www.acm.org) , they have a
    great price for students. Also, all the places people had told you
    here, and also just do a search in google with the "filetype:pdf"
    option and you will find lots of FREE documents worth of reading.

    I think you really do not need to steal those books, but I also think
    they are way too expensive.

    Anyway, hope I helped you some way.

    [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
    [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
    [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]
  7. Archived from groups: comp.ai,comp.ai.games,comp.programming (More info?)

    Thank you for help. I have already bought used books. Not all, only three
    titles but they will be enough. I really appreciate your help, I'm grateful
    for solving my problem.

    [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
    [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
    [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]
  8. Archived from groups: comp.ai,comp.ai.games,comp.programming (More info?)

    User "i-walker" <osmij4linux@gmail.com> wrote in

    > Check this forum u can find a qite big list AI books
    >
    > http://www.edaboard.com

    This forum is really interesting, thanks.

    [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
    [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
    [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]
  9. Archived from groups: comp.ai,comp.ai.games,comp.programming (More info?)

    User "xtracto" <obaqueiro@gmail.com> wrote in

    > www.emule-project.net
    only as a last resort...

    > I know what it is not to be able to get material for research. It is
    > like knowledge is being restricted to the rich.
    Unfortunately it's truthful

    (cut)

    > here, and also just do a search in google with the "filetype:pdf"
    > option and you will find lots of FREE documents worth of reading.
    Nice tip, I've thought I know everything about searching with Google. I was
    terribly wrong. Thanks.

    [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
    [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
    [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]
  10. Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

    Mikey wrote:
    > User "xtracto" <obaqueiro@gmail.com> wrote in
    >

    >>www.emule-project.net
    >
    > only as a last resort...
    >

    >>I know what it is not to be able to get material for research. It is
    >>like knowledge is being restricted to the rich.
    >
    > Unfortunately it's truthful
    >
    > (cut)
    >

    >>here, and also just do a search in google with the "filetype:pdf"
    >>option and you will find lots of FREE documents worth of reading.
    >
    > Nice tip, I've thought I know everything about searching with Google. I was
    > terribly wrong. Thanks.
    >
    > [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
    > [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
    > [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]

    Hi, well, I know some other resources that could be really useful for
    you to learn about AI.

    Gamedev's AI section: (This site is by far the best one with game dev.
    material)
    http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=18

    Game AI: Good site, but kind of outdated.
    http://www.gameai.com/

    Excellent site with tons of articles and tutorials
    http://www.ai-depot.com/

    I think you will have more than enough to begin with all these sites.

    cheers,
    Omar
  11. Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

    again, as the older messages in the thread say, there is lot of FREE
    information in the internet about AI.

    Start doing a simple Artificial Intelligence query in google with the
    filetype:pdf option, or if you want do it in yahoo and in advanced
    search choose to show only PDF files (the advantage of yahoo is that it
    gives you the file size, so you know if it is a big paper or just an
    article etc etc).

    Maybe if you tell me the specific subject in AI that you are looking
    for, I can give you some URL's to begin with,.

    Again, there are some 'other' (read ilegal) ways to get these e-books
    (look in older posts of this thread), but I will advice you to use the
    free information in the net.

    cheers.

Games Programming Video Games Books