Prospective K700i/750i buyer - reception quality?

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
March 25, 2005 3:22:51 AM

Hi there,

Being a long time user of Ericsson mobiles before the appalling RF reception
issues of the T68i/T610 handsets (jumping ship to Nokia 6310i) I am
interested in returning to the SE fold.

Have they sorted out the poor RF reception problems that plagued the
T68i/T610 handsets yet?

Although more interested in making/receiving calls than the latest
colour/polyphonic/camera/www all-singing, all-dancing mobiles I have a box
full of brand new SE accessories I would like to use and the features
(gimmicks?) are appealing but I need to know that the K700i/750i are able to
do the fundamental thing a 'phone is designed to do - make & take calls!

Opinions & experiences welcome...

--
Thanks & regards,
-pp-

"Pheasant Plucker®" <pheasant@plucker.not> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Being a long time user of Ericsson mobiles before the appalling RF
> reception
> issues of the T68i/T610 handsets (jumping ship to Nokia 6310i) I am
> interested in returning to the SE fold.
>
> Have they sorted out the poor RF reception problems that plagued the
> T68i/T610 handsets yet?
>
> Although more interested in making/receiving calls than the latest
> colour/polyphonic/camera/www all-singing, all-dancing mobiles I have a box
> full of brand new SE accessories I would like to use and the features
> (gimmicks?) are appealing but I need to know that the K700i/750i are able
> do the fundamental thing a 'phone is designed to do - make & take calls!
>
> Opinions & experiences welcome...
>
>my g/f had a k700i for a couple of weeks but found the speaker to be very
>low volume.

dont think the reception issues are sorted yet either

steve
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 11:16:23 PM

Thus spake Pheasant Plucker®:
> Hi there,
>
> Being a long time user of Ericsson mobiles before the appalling RF
> reception issues of the T68i/T610 handsets (jumping ship to Nokia
> 6310i) I am interested in returning to the SE fold.
>
> Have they sorted out the poor RF reception problems that plagued the
> T68i/T610 handsets yet?
>
> Although more interested in making/receiving calls than the latest
> colour/polyphonic/camera/www all-singing, all-dancing mobiles I have
> a box full of brand new SE accessories I would like to use and the
> features (gimmicks?) are appealing but I need to know that the
> K700i/750i are able to do the fundamental thing a 'phone is designed
> to do - make & take calls!
>
> Opinions & experiences welcome...

Yes! My Voda branded K700 has exceptional RF performance - vastly better
than the T610 that preceded it. Not had a problem with low volume either
which may or may not be f/w version dependent. The K750 has a newly designed
connector so backwards compatibility is probably out with current
accessories that use it. Audio quality of the K700 is also much better than
the T610 & the increasing ring is now an option rather than the default &
the K750 will allow customisation of message alerts & far more camera
options but doesn't have a Mini USB port :(

T-Mobile are to launch their own K750 as the D750 using the case design of
the W800 in a different colour.

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!