Info on the A* algorithm

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

Hi,

I have read multiple posts that mention the A* algorithm for path
planning and obstacle avoidance, but have been unable to find anything
on google about it. Can someone please provide any links to this elusive
algorithm?

Thanks,
--Ala

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:51:07 GMT, Ala Qumsieh <notvalid@email.com>
wrote:

>I have read multiple posts that mention the A* algorithm for path
>planning and obstacle avoidance, but have been unable to find anything
>on google about it. Can someone please provide any links to this elusive
>algorithm?

Google can't search for "A*". Search for "AStar Pathfinding" instead
and you'll get a ton of hits.

(I can't recommend any page myself since I've adopted my own A*
implementation from the book "AI Game Programming Wisdom".)
--
http://www.kynosarges.de

Ala Qumsieh wrote:

> I have read multiple posts that mention the A* algorithm for path
> planning and obstacle avoidance, but have been unable to find anything
> on google about it. Can someone please provide any links to this elusive
> algorithm?

Here you go:

http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/GameProgramming/

--