Lan to lan

edgozo56

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Hello,

i have connected one line to sharing 4 line thomson router but in my room i have other device to connet in lan i found another Dlink router how can i connect to get more connection using LAN to LAN

Solution
Configure the D-Link router w/ a static IP in the same network as the Thomson router and not otherwise in use elsewhere (e.g., Thomson’s DHCP pool). So if the Thomson is 192.168.1.1, perhaps make the D-Link 192.168.1.2. Now disable the D-Link's DHCP server and patch an ethernet cable between them, LAN to LAN. Never use the WAN port of the D-Link, that’s only for routing, which doesn’t apply in this case.

Configure the D-Link router w/ a static IP in the same network as the Thomson router and not otherwise in use elsewhere (e.g., Thomson’s DHCP pool). So if the Thomson is 192.168.1.1, perhaps make the D-Link 192.168.1.2. Now disable the D-Link's DHCP server and patch an ethernet cable between them, LAN to LAN. Never use the WAN port of the D-Link, that’s only for routing, which doesn’t apply in this case.

Solution