P900 Sync Problems - The answer?

Hi All

I've started a new thread as this has come up a few times.
Sync not working with windows, can't see the phone !

I had the same problem once, lots of people said it's
the phone, it's a windows problem, the fire wall is set
up in correctly, and it was none of them was the problem.

If you install the Sony Ericsson software suit with the
base station plugged in the USB port is does not install
correctly.

Check the following..

Go to device manager and check you don't have any errors
for non found hardware.

If there is, unplug the base station, un-install the software suit,
restart windows, re-install the software, re-start windows, then
plug the base station in.
Windows will now try and find the drivers, if it can't point if to
find the drivers in either c:\windows\system32 or if not from
the CD.

This worded for, hope it helps.

Brian
5 answers Last reply
More about p900 sync problems answer

    "Brian" <not@given.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > I've started a new thread as this has come up a few times.
    > Sync not working with windows, can't see the phone !

    <snip>

    Nice post - unfortunately these steps simply haven't worked for me; I've
    gone as far as deleting all registry keys that reference Intuwave (m-router)
    and SE, to no avail. I must confess that I've given up hope of getting the
    bloody thing to sync properly now :-/'

    --
    Chris
    : )

    "Chris G." <bloodygreycat@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Brian" <not@given.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi All
    > >
    > > I've started a new thread as this has come up a few times.
    > > Sync not working with windows, can't see the phone !
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Nice post - unfortunately these steps simply haven't worked for me; I've
    > gone as far as deleting all registry keys that reference Intuwave
    (m-router)
    > and SE, to no avail. I must confess that I've given up hope of getting the
    > bloody thing to sync properly now :-/'
    >
    > --
    > Chris
    > : )

    Bottom line. Wipe Windows and re-install and then install the Sync software
    BEFORE anything else. Harsh but probably the only answer.

    Martin

    "Martin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > Bottom line. Wipe Windows and re-install and then install the Sync
    > software
    > BEFORE anything else. Harsh but probably the only answer.

    Heh - you're probably not far wrong there dude, but it's a somewhat
    impractical solution ;) Nah, I'll just get myself a card-reader today.....

    --
    Chris
    : )

    OK here's my answer :) since I've been struggling with the same problem. I
    uninstalled the PC suite s/w as well as the mRouter and DSS sync station
    s/w. Also uninstalled my System Suite s/w which includes antivirus s/w.
    Disabled the XP firewall and rebooted. then re-installed the PC suite s/w
    and it worked like a charm, synching everything I wanted it to. Reloaded
    System suite and enabled the XP firewall and the synching still works.

    hth

    Jon

    "mickey" <jonmilza@msn.com> wrote in message
    > OK here's my answer :) since I've been struggling with the same problem. I
    > uninstalled the PC suite s/w as well as the mRouter and DSS sync station
    > s/w. Also uninstalled my System Suite s/w which includes antivirus s/w.
    > Disabled the XP firewall and rebooted. then re-installed the PC suite s/w
    > and it worked like a charm, synching everything I wanted it to. Reloaded
    > System suite and enabled the XP firewall and the synching still works.

    Nice one mate, I'll give it a shot and post the result....

    --
    Chris
    : )

Ericsson Software