I have tried to move a Maxtor hard disk that works well with a MS8127C motherboard accommodating AMD Athlon processors to a ASUS P4B motherboard. But I got the following error message during the start up:
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error ...
One of my colleagues told me that it is a problem with
Windows 2000. Is it true? And how to solve the problem?
BTW, as a slave it has no problem. Any suggestion is
- Put it back in the old computer
- Boot up Windows 2000.
- Go into Device Manager and delete EVERYTHING that it lets you. If you have a USB mouse or keyboard, you might want to leave the USB hubs for last. Still, delete everything from every category you can.
- Shut down.
- Put the hard disk into the new computer.
- Boot up. Hopefully, the default IDE Controller drivers will be used and you'll be able to get into Windows.
- After a few reboots, Windows should redetect everything it needs to and you should be up and running again.
...However, it's always a better idea to simply do a complete reinstall of Windows.