Sign in with
Your question

nVidia VIVO...any good?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 25, 2002 3:41:52 PM

I'm looking for a new 3D card that I can also use to input some of my old VHS tapes and convert them to VCD. I was thinking of the new AOpen GeForce4 Ti4200, but I don't know anything about nVidia's VIVO.

Is it good enough for capturing VHS video, or should I look at getting a different capture card? I don't want to spend the money on an All-In-Wonder since the 3D performance isn't quite up-to-snuff. Thanks!

More about : nvidia vivo good

June 29, 2002 10:56:37 PM

nVidia doesn't make VIVO, that's added by the card manufacturer. And the VIVO chips used by every manufacturer I know of are not very good.

ATI Radeon 8500 has the same 3D power as the Ti4200, and has good VIVO. Whoever told you different was lying.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>
July 9, 2002 4:52:16 PM

My experiences with VIVO cards have shown a generally good input quality, but the output is a freagin' joke. But I haven't used any VIVO's on any NVidia chips...I can say the Radeon one's look good for capture.

Just use some good software, as my PIII533b and a VooDoo3-3500 would capture @ 15-17fps with Ulead, but Premier got it done @30fps

<font color=red>01010011010</font color=red>
!