Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Where's my phone?

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 2:13:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

I have an Ericsson T610 and have bluetooth set up on my computer. The
computer can see the phone and the phone can see the computer. However,
the software that came with the phone, ie MMS Home Studio - Image
Editor etc, do not 'see' my phone.

Bluetooth is turned on on the 610 but the programs always state that
there is no phone found.

Help, please!

More about : phone

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 2:55:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

LadySpudz <LadySpudzNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I have an Ericsson T610 and have bluetooth set up on my computer. The
> computer can see the phone and the phone can see the computer. However,
> the software that came with the phone, ie MMS Home Studio - Image
> Editor etc, do not 'see' my phone.
>
> Bluetooth is turned on on the 610 but the programs always state that
> there is no phone found.
>
> Help, please!

Get a Mac??

Mine has never, ever, had any problems with any of the S-E phones, since
the T68i, whereas a lot of my friends have had nothing but trouble with
Windows' unreliable implementation of Bluetooth.

Of course, if you told the group what version of Windows you are
running, it may help others ansert your question!


--
This address is never read; use
peterattheleesdotukdotnet
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 4:06:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Peter Lee wrote:

> Get a Mac??
>
> Mine has never, ever, had any problems with any of the S-E phones, since
> the T68i, whereas a lot of my friends have had nothing but trouble with
> Windows' unreliable implementation of Bluetooth.
>
> Of course, if you told the group what version of Windows you are
> running, it may help others ansert your question!
>
>

Sorry, WinXP Home SP2
Related resources
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 4:42:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"LadySpudz" <LadySpudzNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:D 2dqhb$rrr$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>I have an Ericsson T610 and have bluetooth set up on my computer. The computer can see the phone and the phone can see the
>computer. However, the software that came with the phone, ie MMS Home Studio - Image Editor etc, do not 'see' my phone.
>
> Bluetooth is turned on on the 610 but the programs always state that there is no phone found.
>
> Help, please!

Did you check for the latest version of the program at SE's site?

Second, do you have the BT icon in the pc's systray?
If you do, right-click it. >Explore
expand "entire BT neighborhood"
see if your phone shows up.
If it does, right click it, choose "connect serial port"

Now you can try to use your MMS program, it may still not work.
Exit the MMS, disconnect "serial port", try MMS studio again

Sven
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 4:42:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Sven wrote:

> Did you check for the latest version of the program at SE's site?
>
> Second, do you have the BT icon in the pc's systray?
> If you do, right-click it. >Explore
> expand "entire BT neighborhood"
> see if your phone shows up.
> If it does, right click it, choose "connect serial port"
>
> Now you can try to use your MMS program, it may still not work.
> Exit the MMS, disconnect "serial port", try MMS studio again
>
> Sven
>
>
I'll have a look, thanks
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 10:43:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Thus spake LadySpudz:
> I have an Ericsson T610 and have bluetooth set up on my computer. The
> computer can see the phone and the phone can see the computer. However,
> the software that came with the phone, ie MMS Home Studio -
> Image Editor etc, do not 'see' my phone.
>
> Bluetooth is turned on on the 610 but the programs always state that
> there is no phone found.
>
> Help, please!


Then BT works fine but the SE s/w doesn't yet see your T610. All SE s/w
relies on their Mobile Phone Monitor application who's icon appears in
Control Panel. Browsing through your BT application should list a Client
virtual port number. The MPM app should list ports, so set the serial port
number to the same then exit. You may need to remove/reinsert your dongle
for the SE s/w to recognise your phone, then its SIM card.

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 6:30:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Paul Busby wrote:

> Then BT works fine but the SE s/w doesn't yet see your T610. All SE s/w
> relies on their Mobile Phone Monitor application who's icon appears in
> Control Panel. Browsing through your BT application should list a Client
> virtual port number. The MPM app should list ports, so set the serial port
> number to the same then exit. You may need to remove/reinsert your dongle
> for the SE s/w to recognise your phone, then its SIM card.
>

I don't understand some of the terms you've used, sorry.

I've found the Phone Monitor app in the control panel which has tabs for
- Mobile Phones, Sim Cards, COM ports, Advanced & SetUp. Both the first
and second tabs are blank - the third lists 5 COM Ports which are
enabled, none reserved.

I'm not certain how to 'browse through the BT app' and find this Client
virtual port number, and I've no idea what a dongle is! I know it's
difficult when you know what you're doing, but could you simplify a bit
for me?

Thanks, I really do appreciate the help.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 2:57:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

LadySpudz wrote:
> Paul Busby wrote:
>
>> Then BT works fine but the SE s/w doesn't yet see your T610. All SE
>> s/w relies on their Mobile Phone Monitor application who's icon
>> appears in Control Panel. Browsing through your BT application should
>> list a Client virtual port number. The MPM app should list ports, so
>> set the serial port number to the same then exit. You may need to
>> remove/reinsert your dongle for the SE s/w to recognise your phone,
>> then its SIM card.
>>
>
> I don't understand some of the terms you've used, sorry.
>
> I've found the Phone Monitor app in the control panel which has tabs for
> - Mobile Phones, Sim Cards, COM ports, Advanced & SetUp. Both the first
> and second tabs are blank - the third lists 5 COM Ports which are
> enabled, none reserved.
>
> I'm not certain how to 'browse through the BT app' and find this Client
> virtual port number, and I've no idea what a dongle is! I know it's
> difficult when you know what you're doing, but could you simplify a bit
> for me?
>
> Thanks, I really do appreciate the help.

Also, have just tried it with a data cable (of which there is NO
reference in the manual) and isn't seen via that route either.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 3:53:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:13:56 +0100, LadySpudz
<LadySpudzNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>I have an Ericsson T610 and have bluetooth set up on my computer. The
>computer can see the phone and the phone can see the computer. However,
> the software that came with the phone, ie MMS Home Studio - Image
>Editor etc, do not 'see' my phone.
>
>Bluetooth is turned on on the 610 but the programs always state that
>there is no phone found.
>
>Help, please!

I guess it depends on which cable you aer using? generic or genuine SE

I never used cable on SE T610 to transfer files used BT (Belkin
F8T003) which uses the Widcom Stack - excellent for transfering files
and syncning with PC

USed cable to connect via Float's Mobile Agent and that worked fine.
Extend PC worked eventually, but I had to use the SE Dialup Networking
WIzzard to kcik off the process of SE Phone Monitor finding my phone -
you could try that.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 4:30:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Since you say that "The computer can see the phone and the phone can see the
computer", your bluetooth connection sounds like it's working fine but your
Sony Ericsson (SE) software needs to be set up for your phone. The easiest
way is to use the 'wizard' in an SE program such as File Manager.

So, download and install the Sony Ericsson File Manager 2.6.0.0e at
http://tinyurl.com/5ackw After installation, you'll see a cellphone icon
in the lower right hand 'Notification Tray' (probably with a blinking
checkmark). Click on that, select 'Configure' and complete the wizard.
Following that, the Mobile Phone Monitor (MTM) in Control Panel 'should'
display your phone and sim in the 'first and second tabs'.

Then, try Image Editor and Home Studio again and they should recognize your
phone (Make sure you've selected the T610 and clicked OK).
--
HTH, Fred

>>"LadySpudz" wrote ...
>>
>> I don't understand some of the terms you've used, sorry.
>>
>> I've found the Phone Monitor app in the control panel which has tabs
>> for - Mobile Phones, Sim Cards, COM ports, Advanced & SetUp. Both the
>> first and second tabs are blank - the third lists 5 COM Ports which are
>> enabled, none reserved.
>>
>> I'm not certain how to 'browse through the BT app' and find this Client
>> virtual port number, and I've no idea what a dongle is! I know it's
>> difficult when you know what you're doing, but could you simplify a bit
>> for me?
>>
>> Thanks, I really do appreciate the help.
>
> Also, have just tried it with a data cable (of which there is NO reference
> in the manual) and isn't seen via that route either.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 11:08:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Thus spake LadySpudz:
> Paul Busby wrote:
>
>> Then BT works fine but the SE s/w doesn't yet see your T610. All SE
>> s/w relies on their Mobile Phone Monitor application who's icon
>> appears in Control Panel. Browsing through your BT application
>> should list a Client virtual port number. The MPM app should list
>> ports, so set the serial port number to the same then exit. You may
>> need to remove/reinsert your dongle for the SE s/w to recognise your
>> phone, then its SIM card.
>
> I don't understand some of the terms you've used, sorry.
>
> I've found the Phone Monitor app in the control panel which has tabs
> for - Mobile Phones, Sim Cards, COM ports, Advanced & SetUp. Both
> the first and second tabs are blank - the third lists 5 COM Ports
> which are enabled, none reserved.
>
> I'm not certain how to 'browse through the BT app' and find this
> Client virtual port number, and I've no idea what a dongle is! I
> know it's difficult when you know what you're doing, but could you
> simplify a bit for me?
>
> Thanks, I really do appreciate the help.


No probs. The "dongle" is the USB BT device itself, it's really an incorrect
name but has stuck. Most but not all BT dongles use what's referred to as
the Widcomm "stack", BT s/w if you will which includes drivers specific to
your dongle. You told us that the BT stack is working as you have
successfully paired your T610 & non SE s/w would probably work (eg, Float's
FMA application can work without any SE s/w).

The installation of your dongle would have created a raft of virtual serial
ports. The BT Places is usually placed on your Desktop & has access to
settings. IIRC, there's a tab for Client where the serial port's *Client*
serial port number is listed. Note it then set the port number the same for
the Phone Monitor application. This page is useful & shows pictures of the
windows you should see. Ignore the info not relevant to you:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=760
HTH

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!
April 5, 2005 5:30:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<R_Gdne6sItlbrc3fRVnytQ@pipex.net>...
> Thus spake LadySpudz:
> > Paul Busby wrote:
> >
> >> Then BT works fine but the SE s/w doesn't yet see your T610. All SE
> >> s/w relies on their Mobile Phone Monitor application who's icon
> >> appears in Control Panel. Browsing through your BT application
> >> should list a Client virtual port number. The MPM app should list
> >> ports, so set the serial port number to the same then exit. You may
> >> need to remove/reinsert your dongle for the SE s/w to recognise your
> >> phone, then its SIM card.
> >
> > I don't understand some of the terms you've used, sorry.
> >
> > I've found the Phone Monitor app in the control panel which has tabs
> > for - Mobile Phones, Sim Cards, COM ports, Advanced & SetUp. Both
> > the first and second tabs are blank - the third lists 5 COM Ports
> > which are enabled, none reserved.
> >
> > I'm not certain how to 'browse through the BT app' and find this
> > Client virtual port number, and I've no idea what a dongle is! I
> > know it's difficult when you know what you're doing, but could you
> > simplify a bit for me?
> >
> > Thanks, I really do appreciate the help.
>
>
> No probs. The "dongle" is the USB BT device itself, it's really an incorrect
> name but has stuck. Most but not all BT dongles use what's referred to as
> the Widcomm "stack", BT s/w if you will which includes drivers specific to
> your dongle. You told us that the BT stack is working as you have
> successfully paired your T610 & non SE s/w would probably work (eg, Float's
> FMA application can work without any SE s/w).
>
> The installation of your dongle would have created a raft of virtual serial
> ports. The BT Places is usually placed on your Desktop & has access to
> settings. IIRC, there's a tab for Client where the serial port's *Client*
> serial port number is listed. Note it then set the port number the same for
> the Phone Monitor application. This page is useful & shows pictures of the
> windows you should see. Ignore the info not relevant to you:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=760
> HTH

hi

use to have the same problem

i use a BELKIN BT dongle, and could not exchange data between windows
xp computer and T610. i went on www.belkin.com, and could find the
info requested. it seems there was an incompatibility between BELKIN
driver, and windows xp' service pack 2. i had to desactivate windows
BT manager to be able to use BELKIN as default BT. it works amazingly
now.

i don't know what bluetooh device you are using, but maybe you will
find the answer on the manufacturer's web site.

sorry for my english, but really hope this is understandable and that
it will help.

Marie
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 6:32:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

On 5 Apr 2005 13:30:36 -0700, marie.deckers@proximus.be (Marie) wrote:

>i use a BELKIN BT dongle, and could not exchange data between windows
>xp computer and T610. i went on www.belkin.com, and could find the

I have Belkin and used to have a T610 and they worked perfectly - on
two PCs...
!