Dell 2001FP 20.1

cvbe27

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
anyone have any thoughts on this one? 16ms panel by lg and phillips. anandtech did a review on this http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1918.
on sale now for 750 which isn't than much more than a 17 inch lcd.

Dumbo

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2003
Unfortunately you can't buy it stand alone from Dell. You can only get it as on option on a complete system :(

paapaa33

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2003
i have a chance to order it separately...i dont have any
other Dell´s products..but i dont know if other people have to buy it with a complete system.

Yoda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dell is having a launch event that gives 25% off the 2001FP monitors. It's an excellent deal because you can get the monitor w/ shipping for under $800. It's good for today only, however. Get em while they're hot!

-Yoda

darius

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Got one on the way for $750~ You need to order it threw the small business dell site to get the price if its still offered.

Wondering how it will compare to my 19" Samsung 191T

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by darius on 12/11/03 01:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
What's Dell's policy on bad pixels? Does anyone actually have this monitor? I'd like to have a couple opinions on how it is with gaming etc. It sounds good....wish it had speakers though (gamers will think I'm crazy for saying that) but I like the clean desk feeling.

darius

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I was told it was over 7 bad pixels, but you can always return it for replacement claiming it came defective or damaged in the shipping ;) keep in mind that depending on the number of bad pixels you might be better off keeping it then trying to get a better one. Its a big screen with allot of pixels so its not easy to have a perfect one. My 19" Samsung 191T is perfect. I'm actually going to be selling it next week after the new dell comes in, it had only about two hours on it as I mostly use my notebook at home :)

darius

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I can check a few games but I'm no longer into games as I don't have the time. I do have old Unreal and some other ones on some drive. As for speakers, I don't really use any PC for music as the computer is a bit crappy source. I usually use my headphone dedicated rig for music. I only use the PC sound when I do some video editing etc.

paapaa33

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2003
Hi again...yep, i ordered 2001FP threw a small business.
Funny that cant find the model, here in Finland nowhere :)
got it with business relationship directly from a Finland´s
inporter =D will get it before christmas...what a present!

darius

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It was ~$750 (maybe still is) on Dell Small business site not the regular one. Anyway, I got my in yesterday! WOW, what a nice screen. Its definitely better then my 19" Samsung 191T. I get extra 1", 1600x1200 resolution, faster response, better colors and much nicer more solid stand, etc. The screen I got is PERFECT, no dead pixels or sub pixels, AMAZING that in this size and resolution its a perfect panel. Maybe I was lucky, my first 191T had 5 bad ones before I replaced it with the new 191T that was also perfect. I'm very happy with this Dell so far. I don't have much time for games so I only had the Wolfenstein 3D installed and it looked really good on it. I can't really say how it compares to others with the 16ms average response but it looked fine to me. The colors in photoshop looked really good. Checked a few high quality digital pics and I'm very pleased. I will need to get the Colorvision Spyder ($150) to calibrate the monitor but even with out any corrections it was quite good. Now I have a 21" Dell P1110 with Sony Trinitron CRT inside, as my color reference, 19" Samsung 191T and the new Dell to compare hopefully in the next few days once I find some time. I'm very much hoping that the Dell will be able to hold out against the 21" Dell CRT as far as the color reproduction goes, as this is THE most important thing to me. Don't want to keep the HUGE CRT just for photo editing and corrections :) The Samsung 191T is sold but I will still have it for a few days.

darius

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Very nice price, thats one of the reasons I upgraded from the Samsung. I got the Samsung from Dell for $530 total shipped which also was a great deal. But for only couple more hundred I think I got a much better screen. Now if I could only convince them to get me one at work :p

Yoda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've had my 2001FP for over a week now. It's an awesome screen. I'm running dual monitors with it as my primary and my NEC 1760v as my secondary. Watching DVDs and playing games I notice no ghosting at all. The quality is really nice, especially when watching DVD's. I've been watching band of brothers and when putting it full screen on either monitor, the colors and detail look much better on the Dell. I'm really happy with the monitor and it is really quite a bit larger than my other 17" LCD. You wouldn't think it would make that much difference but it really does. The only that was a little annoying is that I didn't like the default color settings that the Dell came with. I messed with it for a while, changing each one (red, green, blue) and now it looks even better (I added a lot of blue). I took a quick look for dead pixels and found none, so I'm very pleased with what I have. Oh, I did go buy a new vid card because my old geforce 3 didn't support DVI, but that was something I needed to do anyway. It did add a bit to the overall cost, however.

-Yoda