Sign in with
Your question

Can you hook up voip over wyfi

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 20, 2012 4:29:26 AM

Can i hook up my vonage router to my lap top that is receiving wyfi signal for internet service and if so how do i do it

More about : hook voip wyfi

June 20, 2012 6:19:32 AM

you could try setting up ICS on your computer and then connect you vonage to your laptop's network card
m
l
June 20, 2012 2:46:24 PM

You don't need ICS if you're already connecting through a router. ICS would be overkill and unnecessarily complicated (secondary network, DHCP server, firewall, etc.). You just need a bridge.

Patch the ethernet port of the VOIP adapter to the ethernet port of your laptop. Then go to Network Connections (Start->Run, type "ncpa.cpl" (no quotes) and hit enter), select the two connection, right-click, select Bridge Connections, you're done.

Of course, for the long haul, you'd be better off to just buy an inexpensive, standalone, wireless ethernet bridge.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Related resources
July 27, 2012 11:10:23 PM

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking? You can access your VoIP provider over WiFi by using a WiFi VoIP phone, such as the Unidata WPU-7800 or the Cisco SPA525G2. What are you trying to connect to your Vonage router for if you have the WiFi access?
m
l
October 17, 2012 7:23:09 AM

It has been released for the iPhone platform, which allows you to make Internet calls on the iPhone, saving you lots of phone bills Voipdito Small Business VoIP
m
l
!