OOOOPS! We invaded the wrong country?

Last response: in Home Audio
July 19, 2004 10:00:24 PM

<http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/07/19/bush.iran/index.html&g...;

Bush: U.S. probes possible Iran links to 9/11.
Tehran government hiding Al Qaeda members, president says

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran is harboring members of al Qaeda, and the
United States is investigating whether the Iranian government had a role
in the September 11, 2001, attacks, President Bush said Monday.
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 10:15:55 PM

And then there's this:

<http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/19/news/international/hall...;
Halliburton is subpoenaed over Iran ties

A grand jury subpoenas info about its Cayman Islands unit, which has
operations in Iran.

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Oil field services company Halliburton Co. received
a grand jury subpoena earlier this month seeking information about its
Cayman Islands unit, which conducts operations in Iran, the company said
Monday.

U.S. companies are prohibited by law from doing business with Iran.
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 11:03:13 PM

Halliburton is has their hands in so many pies... they are dirty. I
think it's likely that many US Corporations behave in a similar
fashion.

Al

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:15:55 -0500, Pete Dimsman <pd@nospam.com>
wrote:

>And then there's this:
>

><http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/19/news/international/hall...;
>Halliburton is subpoenaed over Iran ties
>
>A grand jury subpoenas info about its Cayman Islands unit, which has
>operations in Iran.
>
>HOUSTON (Reuters) - Oil field services company Halliburton Co. received
>a grand jury subpoena earlier this month seeking information about its
>Cayman Islands unit, which conducts operations in Iran, the company said
>Monday.
>
>U.S. companies are prohibited by law from doing business with Iran.

July 20, 2004 4:07:16 AM

Oooops, you invaded the wrong newsgroup. This one's for pro audio
discussion. Didn't we cover that about 792 times in the last month?

- Logan
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 11:51:48 AM

Logan Shaw wrote:

> Did it occur to you that being condescending will
> not help your cause?

Well it isn't "my" cause. It is our cause, but some still don't get it.
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 12:16:48 PM

Pete Dimsman <pd@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2m3246Fi3af0U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> <http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/07/19/bush.iran/index.html&g...;
>

> Bush: U.S. probes possible Iran links to 9/11.
> Tehran government hiding Al Qaeda members, president says
>
> WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran is harboring members of al Qaeda, and the
> United States is investigating whether the Iranian government had a role
> in the September 11, 2001, attacks, President Bush said Monday.

Shouldn't we change the subject to "OOOOPS! We invaded the wrong _newsgroup_!"

;-)
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 4:45:49 PM

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:11:11 GMT, Logan Shaw
<lshaw-usenet@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>Pete Dimsman wrote:
>> Logan Shaw wrote:
>>> Oooops, you invaded the wrong newsgroup. This one's for pro audio
>>> discussion. Didn't we cover that about 792 times in the last month?
>
>> And still not nearly enough.
>
>Apparently, because despite the number of times it's been pointed out
>that this is off-topic, it hasn't been enough. If it had been, people
>wouldn't still be posting off-topic stuff.

Look, this is a community, & a lot of stuff gets discussed that is OT,
not just politics. This is common on usenet. If it really bugs people
they should get a newsreader with a kill file and use it.
July 20, 2004 6:28:57 PM

In article <g.p.gleason-2E9EEB.14311720072004@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net says...
> I said:
> > My modified PZMs have a rising high frequency all the way out to
> > about 24KHz! Their specified top end is 18KHz. I wonder how that
> > happened? It could even be higher; my measurement system hits
> > Nyquist limits at 24KHz. <---(Obligatory audio content)
> > ---Michael (of APP)...
>
> and here we have another off topic post arguing about what is or isn't
> off topic
> you guys are just 2 funny

Hmm. Maybe you should read the whole post before inserting foot...
Normally you bring a decent audio discussion in here. What's with
all the gaff here lately?
---Michael (of APP)...
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 8:57:03 PM

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:17:20 -0500, Pete Dimsman <pd@nospam.com>
wrote:

>Your pro audio discussions are going to be pretty insignificant in short
>order the way things are headed.

We certainly appreciate your earnestness.

- But -

Give it a break. Everyone here is on usenet. Do you honestly think we
have any trouble finding news? We get it from dozens of other sources
we trust. Believe me, we know where to look when we want to find the
news. Now we need some help finding Pro Audio talk.

Seriously, let rec.pro.audio go, Pete.

Kurt Riemann
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 9:19:16 PM

Pete Dimsman wrote:
> <http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/07/19/bush.iran/index.html&g...;
>

> Bush: U.S. probes possible Iran links to 9/11.
> Tehran government hiding Al Qaeda members, president says
>
> WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran is harboring members of al Qaeda, and the
> United States is investigating whether the Iranian government had a
> role in the September 11, 2001, attacks, President Bush said Monday.

Hey, the spelling was close. And they wear funny hats too. Near enough.

geoff
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 10:08:14 PM

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:00:24 -0500, Pete Dimsman <pd@nospam.com>
wrote:

>WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran is harboring members of al Qaeda, and the
>United States is investigating whether the Iranian government had a role
>in the September 11, 2001, attacks, President Bush said Monday.

Well, it's been next on the list to invade (aka liberate) for while
hasn't it?

Mark
"In this business egos can be wonderful, but they also can be a curse."
Michael Wagener
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 10:08:15 PM

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:08:14 -0400, Mark Plancke
<Mark@SoundtechRecording.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:00:24 -0500, Pete Dimsman <pd@nospam.com>
>wrote:
>
>>WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran is harboring members of al Qaeda, and the
>>United States is investigating whether the Iranian government had a role
>>in the September 11, 2001, attacks, President Bush said Monday.
>
>Well, it's been next on the list to invade (aka liberate) for while
>hasn't it?

They better be careful not to wreck any of Halliburton's stuff when
they go in:

CHENEY ATTACKED FIGHT AGAINST TERROR WHILE ABROAD

On the same day that President Bush announced plans to investigate
Iran for ties to terrorism,[1] Halliburton acknowledged that "a U.S.
grand jury issued a subpoena to the company seeking information about
its Cayman Islands unit's work in Iran,[2] where it is illegal for
U.S. companies to operate." Earlier this year, CBS News reported that
Vice President Dick Cheney was CEO of the company "during which time
Halliburton Products and Services set up shop in Iran."[3] In fact,
Cheney was so adamant about doing business with terrorist nations like
Iran, he even went abroad to publicly attack American foreign policy
after meeting with top officials from a foreign government.

Despite economic sanctions on Iran because of its ties to terrorists,
Cheney openly bragged about Halliburton's business dealings there
during the 2000 campaign.[4] Cheney argued that it was ethical for
Halliburton to use "independent foreign subsidiaries" that exist in
tax shelter countries like the Cayman Islands to skirt U.S. law. He
also went abroad to attack American policy: According to the Malaysian
News Agency, Cheney publicly attacked U.S. sanctions on terrorist
countries after a meeting with top Malaysian government officials in
Kuala Lampur.[5]

During the 2000 campaign, Cheney also claimed that, as Halliburton
CEO, "I had a firm policy that we wouldn't do anything in Iraq,[6]
even arrangements that were supposedly legal." Yet, earlier this year,
The New Yorker reported "during Cheney's tenure[7] at Halliburton the
company did business" in Iraq as well. The Washington Post reported
that despite strict economic sanctions, Halliburton did up to $73
million in business[8] with Iraq while Cheney was heading the company.

Sources:
1. "Bush: U.S. probes possible Iran links to 9/11," CNN.com, 7/19/04,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2162433&l=46889.
2. "Halliburton Subpoenaed Over Unit's Iran Work ," Reuters, 7/19/04,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2162433&l=46890.
3. "Doing Business With The Enemy," 60 Minutes, 1/25/04,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2162433&l=46891.
4. "Halliburton Iraq ties more than Cheney said," NewsMax.com,
6/25/01, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2162433&l=46892 .
5. Malaysian News Agency, 4/20/98
6. "Contract Sport,"The New Yorker, 2/16/04,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2162433&l=46893.
7. Ibid, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2162433&l=46893.
8. "Halliburton's Iraq Deals Greater Than Cheney Has
Said,"TruthOut.org, 6/23/01,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2162433&l=46894.

Visit www.Misleader.org for more about Bush Administration distortion.
»
July 21, 2004 12:34:07 AM

In article <MPG.1b672e70a884f64898978b@newshost>,
Michael <ra3035@NOTfreescale.com> wrote:

> In article <g.p.gleason-2E9EEB.14311720072004@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
> g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net says...
> > I said:
> > > My modified PZMs have a rising high frequency all the way out to
> > > about 24KHz! Their specified top end is 18KHz. I wonder how that
> > > happened? It could even be higher; my measurement system hits
> > > Nyquist limits at 24KHz. <---(Obligatory audio content)
> > > ---Michael (of APP)...
> >
> > and here we have another off topic post arguing about what is or isn't
> > off topic
> > you guys are just 2 funny
>
> Hmm. Maybe you should read the whole post before inserting foot...
> Normally you bring a decent audio discussion in here. What's with
> all the gaff here lately?
> ---Michael (of APP)...

tthe essence of your post was off topic
adding a unrelated bit of pointless audio does not make it on topic
if you wanted to be on topic you could have left off all the other stuff
except your pzm issue
July 21, 2004 12:40:35 AM

> > Normally you bring a decent audio discussion in here. What's with
> > all the gaff here lately?
> > ---Michael (of APP)...

The seriousness of the crimes GW Bush is committing takes precedence
over audio at this time
this is no time for banter about directional esoteric cables
we are discussing the very survival of freedom and the damage GW is
doing to it
July 21, 2004 12:40:36 AM

"George" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

>>> Normally you bring a decent audio discussion in here. What's with
>>> all the gaff here lately?

Hysteria, pure and simple.

> The seriousness of the crimes GW Bush is committing takes precedence
> over audio at this time

But George, your bellyaching about something that only you can change for
you, and then not until 11/2/2004, is a waste of all of our time, yourself
included.

> this is no time for banter about directional esoteric cables

Then go hit the streets or the election committee office of your choice,
George.

> we are discussing the very survival of freedom and the damage GW is doing
to it

No George, you're merely obsessing and spinning your wheels. You're imposing
your will on people who don't agree with your priorities, just like you
accuse others of doing.
July 21, 2004 12:59:58 AM

> No George, you're merely obsessing and spinning your wheels. You're imposing
> your will on people who don't agree with your priorities, just like you
> accuse others of doing.

no I am forcing people to examine thier core beliefs, I don't care what
they post here, the constant pointing out of the crimes against freedom
committed by this administration will cause a few to pause and
reconsider pulling the lever for GW at the election
I hope I can influence them consider voting for thier own self intrests
beacuse they are getting both side of the situation

we have a caprious adminstration who is trying desperatly to rewrite the
constitution to make this a police state(IMO)
and what make you think I am not active locally?
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 12:59:59 AM

>> No George, you're merely obsessing and spinning your wheels. You're
>> imposing your will on people who don't agree with your priorities,
>> just like you accuse others of doing.

> no I am forcing people to examine thier core beliefs,

You're delusional, George. All you're doing is provoke a lot of posturing.

All you're doing is provoking a lot of OT posting.

>I don't care what they post here, the constant pointing out of the crimes
against
> freedom committed by this administration will cause a few to pause and
> reconsider pulling the lever for GW at the election

You're delusional, George. Your arguing is so narrow and pointless that it
is easy to dismiss.

> I hope I can influence them consider voting for thier own self
> intrests beacuse they are getting both side of the situation

All they're getting George is a good laugh out of your illiterate, poorly
thought-out spew.

> we have a caprious adminstration who is trying desperatly to rewrite
> the constitution to make this a police state(IMO)
> and what make you think I am not active locally?

You have way too much time to spend here, George to have much of a life
locally. OTOH George, perhaps the locals can see you for what you are, and
try to limit your activities on their behalf.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 1:26:02 AM

Mark Plancke wrote:

> Well, it's been next on the list to invade (aka liberate) for while
> hasn't it?

Next year?
July 21, 2004 1:39:40 AM

In article <hPidnXY5EcJiE2DdRVn-og@comcast.com>,
"Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:

> "George" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>
> >> No George, you're merely obsessing and spinning your wheels. You're
> >> imposing your will on people who don't agree with your priorities,
> >> just like you accuse others of doing.
>
> > no I am forcing people to examine thier core beliefs,
>
> You're delusional, George. All you're doing is provoke a lot of posturing.
>
> All you're doing is provoking a lot of OT posting.
>
> >I don't care what they post here, the constant pointing out of the crimes
> against
> > freedom committed by this administration will cause a few to pause and
> > reconsider pulling the lever for GW at the election
>
> You're delusional, George. Your arguing is so narrow and pointless that it
> is easy to dismiss.
>
> > I hope I can influence them consider voting for thier own self
> > intrests beacuse they are getting both side of the situation
>
> All they're getting George is a good laugh out of your illiterate, poorly
> thought-out spew.
>
> > we have a caprious adminstration who is trying desperatly to rewrite
> > the constitution to make this a police state(IMO)
> > and what make you think I am not active locally?
>
> You have way too much time to spend here, George to have much of a life
> locally. OTOH George, perhaps the locals can see you for what you are, and
> try to limit your activities on their behalf.

as always Arny when you are up against the wall you attack the spelling
and grammer, plus you insuate what my reasons and thoughts are
neither of which you could possibly have any idea of
back under the bridge for you,little troll
July 21, 2004 1:39:41 AM

> as always Arny when you are up against the wall you attack the
> spelling and grammer,

No George, I'm just trying to encourage you to rexamine your inner core
beliefs.

Notice George that you just claimed that:

"I am forcing people to examine thier core beliefs"

IOW George, you are bragging about your use of force on people. You are
bragging that you are able to make them do something that is against their
will. You are invading their privacy and their disrupting theircontrol over
their own minds.

What does all this forcable activity make you, George?
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 1:48:53 AM

Pete Dimsman wrote:

> In fact Phil Allison is just dying to
> hear from you <g>.

So you're saying that Phil Allison, is indeed, Mixerman.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 2:38:59 AM

"Don Cooper" <dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Mark Plancke wrote:
>
> > Well, it's been next on the list to invade (aka liberate) for while
> > hasn't it?
>

> Next year?

I don't think they can do it before then. Not only that, they'd be breaking
the 'one lie to get us into a war per president' rule, which has been in
place since JFK at least.

jb
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 2:39:00 AM

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:38:59 -0400, "reddred"
<opaloka@REMOVECAPSyahoo.com> wrote:

>"Don Cooper" <dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>

>> Mark Plancke wrote:
>>
>> > Well, it's been next on the list to invade (aka liberate) for while
>> > hasn't it?
>>

>> Next year?
>
>I don't think they can do it before then. Not only that, they'd be breaking
>the 'one lie to get us into a war per president' rule, which has been in
>place since JFK at least.

They can't do it unless they restart the draft.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 3:54:18 AM

reddred wrote:

> > Next year?
>
> I don't think they can do it before then. Not only that, they'd be breaking
> the 'one lie to get us into a war per president' rule, which has been in
> place since JFK at least.

Maybe it's been modified to "per term".
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 4:29:41 AM

On 20 Jul 2004 08:16:48 -0700, thepaulthomas@hotmail.com
(ThePaulThomas) wrote:

> Shouldn't we change the subject to "OOOOPS! We invaded the wrong _newsgroup_!"

Exactly. Nail on the head.
Good call, Paul.

====================
Tracy Wintermute
arrgh@greenapple.com
Rushcreek Ranch
====================
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 5:54:04 AM

On 2004-07-20, Arny Krueger <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:

> Notice George that you just claimed that:
>
> "I am forcing people to examine thier core beliefs"
>
> IOW George, you are bragging about your use of force on people. You
> are bragging that you are able to make them do something that is
> against their will. You are invading their privacy and their
> disrupting theircontrol over their own minds.

Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about. There's a word for it
when it's done by adults to minors : education.

> What does all this forcable activity make you, George?

Er... a dad ?

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/&gt;
Sauvez un phoque, mangez un eskimo.

In article <Qu6dnUITaOeDB2DdRVn-rg@comcast.com>,
"Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:

> "George" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>
> > as always Arny when you are up against the wall you attack the
> > spelling and grammer,
>
> No George, I'm just trying to encourage you to rexamine your inner core
> beliefs.
>
> Notice George that you just claimed that:
>
> "I am forcing people to examine thier core beliefs"
>
> IOW George, you are bragging about your use of force on people. You are
> bragging that you are able to make them do something that is against their
> will. You are invading their privacy and their disrupting theircontrol over
> their own minds.
>
> What does all this forcable activity make you, George?

I dunno?
not very good at selecting adjectives?
July 21, 2004 7:24:56 AM

> > What does all this forcable activity make you, George?
>
> Er... a dad ?

hey! that was consentual, at least for the first few years:-)
July 21, 2004 12:04:24 PM

ThePaulThomas wrote:
> Pete Dimsman <pd@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> <http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/07/19/bush.iran/index.html&g...;
>>

>> Bush: U.S. probes possible Iran links to 9/11.
>> Tehran government hiding Al Qaeda members, president says
>>
>> WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran is harboring members of al Qaeda, and the
>> United States is investigating whether the Iranian government had a
>> role in the September 11, 2001, attacks, President Bush said Monday.
>
> Shouldn't we change the subject to "OOOOPS! We invaded the wrong
> _newsgroup_!"

No, "Ooops We Invaded The Wrong Thread".

geoff
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 12:38:26 PM

"Andre Majorel" <cheney@halliburton.com> wrote in message
> On 2004-07-20, Arny Krueger <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:
>
>> Notice George that you just claimed that:
>>
>> "I am forcing people to examine thier core beliefs"
>>
>> IOW George, you are bragging about your use of force on people. You
>> are bragging that you are able to make them do something that is
>> against their will. You are invading their privacy and their
>> disrupting theircontrol over their own minds.

> Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about. There's a word for it
> when it's done by adults to minors : education.

Agreed, but of course the context of RAP is different than the home.

>> What does all this forcable activity make you, George?

> Er... a dad ?

Totally appropriate in some contexts, but not this one.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 12:42:22 PM

> In article <Qu6dnUITaOeDB2DdRVn-rg@comcast.com>,
> "Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:
>
>> "George" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> as always Arny when you are up against the wall you attack the
>>> spelling and grammer,
>>
>> No George, I'm just trying to encourage you to rexamine your inner
>> core beliefs.
>>
>> Notice George that you just claimed that:

>> "I am forcing people to examine thier core beliefs"

>> IOW George, you are bragging about your use of force on people. You
>> are bragging that you are able to make them do something that is
>> against their will. You are invading their privacy and their
>> disrupting theircontrol over their own minds.

>> What does all this forcable activity make you, George?

> I dunno? not very good at selecting adjectives?

Come on George, if you can't say what you mean, why should we pay a moment's
attention to *anything* you write? If you are going to set yourself up as
some kind of leader or authority, at least try to pretend that you can play
the role.

I think your statement was very telling. In fact George you're playing the
role of a disruptive child around here. If you did it at a in-person meeting
of adults, you'd be shunned.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 1:18:25 PM

Arny Krueger wrote:

> If you did it at a in-person meeting
> of adults, you'd be shunned.

Oh no! Not the shunning! Anything but the shunning!
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 1:19:22 PM

playon wrote:

> They can't do it unless they restart the draft.

I think Will would look darn good in a uniform.
July 21, 2004 4:14:42 PM

In article <g.p.gleason-C3A351.16403720072004@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net says...

> > > Normally you bring a decent audio discussion in here. What's with
> > > all the gaff here lately?
> > > ---Michael (of APP)...
> >
> The seriousness of the crimes GW Bush is committing takes precedence
> over audio at this time
> this is no time for banter about directional esoteric cables
> we are discussing the very survival of freedom and the damage GW is
> doing to it

You *do* realize that this is not a USA-only group, right?
Much of the world has no interest in this, and certainly not
in this forum. We're big, but we're not the whole world.
---Michael (of APP)...
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 4:28:05 PM

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:19:22 -0400, Don Cooper
<dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote:

>playon wrote:
>
>> They can't do it unless they restart the draft.
>

>I think Will would look darn good in a uniform.

Yeah I'm really surprised he hasn't enlisted by now.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 4:34:29 PM

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:14:42 -0500, Michael <ra3035@NOTfreescale.com>
wrote:

>In article <g.p.gleason-C3A351.16403720072004@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
>g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net says...

>> The seriousness of the crimes GW Bush is committing takes precedence
>> over audio at this time
>> this is no time for banter about directional esoteric cables
>> we are discussing the very survival of freedom and the damage GW is
>> doing to it
>
> You *do* realize that this is not a USA-only group, right?
>Much of the world has no interest in this,

That's not what I've heard. Unfortunately the USA is the 9,000,000 lb
gorilla of world affairs.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 5:26:34 PM

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:19:22 -0400, Don Cooper
<dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote:

>playon wrote:
>
>> They can't do it unless they restart the draft.
>

>I think Will would look darn good in a uniform.

I would gladly suit up to oppose those who chant death to America
and want the destruction of us, Israel and democracy altogether.
You wouldnt?

Randall
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 5:26:35 PM

Randall Shawver wrote:

> I would gladly suit up to oppose those who chant death to America
> and want the destruction of us, Israel and democracy altogether.
> You wouldnt?

Let's roll!

USA! USA! USA!
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 5:26:35 PM

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:26:34 GMT, Randall Shawver
<rshawve2@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:19:22 -0400, Don Cooper
><dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>playon wrote:
>>
>>> They can't do it unless they restart the draft.
>>

>>I think Will would look darn good in a uniform.
>
>I would gladly suit up to oppose those who chant death to America
>and want the destruction of us,

What's stopping you then?

Israel and democracy altogether.
>You wouldnt?

I don't believe the "war on terror" can possibly be won by
conventional military operations.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 7:52:49 PM

Kurt Riemann wrote:

> I occasionally chat it up with the political side of things in here
> but my point is that we could start threads on AIDS, child
> molestation, boat safety and anything that we feel is vital for our
> attention. But to say that your off-topic posts are more important
> than audio (which is the sentiment that SHOUTED off-topic headers
> project, like it or not) will always make the hordes say - "Then find
> a more receptive group!"
>
> I don't open the newspaper and look for comics on the front page and
> gardening articles in the classified ads. While usenet is the Wild
> Frontier, it stands a good chance of becoming insensible without some
> self-policing. That's all.
>
> As a general rule -
>
> DON'TSHOUT,
>
> and put OT in front of the post for the filterers.

Well said, you make very valid points.

> BTW - I agree with your political direction.

:)
July 21, 2004 8:15:12 PM

>The seriousness of the crimes GW Bush is committing takes precedence
>over audio at this time

This is one of the first concepts that fascism wanted to impose to us
in Italy.. "things that takes precedence".. a really awful matter...
There are many and many newsgroups for a thread like your and you want
to impose us to discuss it..
Now I have a question: WHO decide what "takes precedence"? You? the
King? Bush? Saddam?
I'll freely won't be stop speackin' hi-fi/lo-fi matters, and I hope
everybody will do the same.
I really can't easily immagine someone interested in gettin' a good
banjo sound at war.. while I could do it for someone who likes to
impose its questions.

Regards.

P.S.: sorry for my English..
Ciao,
Pietro
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 8:25:06 PM

"playon" <playonATcomcast.net> wrote in message

> Spare me the dime store psychology. If it's anywhere near the quality
> your pronouncements on audio I'll take a pass.

Why don't you come play audio with me? Show us what you've got besides empty
claims!
July 21, 2004 8:55:33 PM

> I think your statement was very telling. In fact George you're playing the
> role of a disruptive child around here. If you did it at a in-person meeting
> of adults, you'd be shunned.

you say all this as if you have a point or that your rantings have any
authority
LOL
Come see me at AES I will give you twice this in person

July 21, 2004 8:55:34 PM

>> I think your statement was very telling. In fact George you're
>> playing the role of a disruptive child around here. If you did it at
>> a in-person meeting of adults, you'd be shunned.

> you say all this as if you have a point or that your rantings have any
authority

Tell us George about the last time upi showed up at a local AES chapter
meeting and hijacked it for political debate.

> Come see me at AES I will give you twice this in person

OK, George tell about the last time upi showed up at a national AES
meeting and hijacked it for political debate.

There are over 20,000 Usenet groups, at least 1000 or more deal with social
issues. Apparently the cosmic meaning of this has escaped you, George.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 8:55:34 PM

George wrote:

> Come see me at AES I will give you twice this in person

I'd have a $10 muffin with ya, George.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 8:55:35 PM

Arny Krueger wrote:

> Tell us George about the last time upi showed up at a local AES chapter
> meeting and hijacked it for political debate.

> OK, George tell about the last time upi showed up at a national AES
> meeting and hijacked it for political debate.

What's all this about the UPI?
July 21, 2004 8:57:16 PM

In article <nkrsf0110srnf6alcbkr8mfc93g1oootaj@4ax.com>,
Randall Shawver <rshawve2@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:19:22 -0400, Don Cooper
> <dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >playon wrote:
> >
> >> They can't do it unless they restart the draft.
> >

> >I think Will would look darn good in a uniform.
>
> I would gladly suit up to oppose those who chant death to America
> and want the destruction of us, Israel and democracy altogether.
> You wouldnt?
>
> Randall

send me a address I will have a army recruiter there within 48 hours to
sign you up
July 21, 2004 8:58:52 PM

In article <6etsf0dfn04jd5hf2n0h4dhqr9lvvrregt@4ax.com>,
Pietro <progettoecommerce@virgilioPUNTO.it> wrote:

> >The seriousness of the crimes GW Bush is committing takes precedence
> >over audio at this time
>
> This is one of the first concepts that fascism wanted to impose to us
> in Italy.. "things that takes precedence".. a really awful matter...
> There are many and many newsgroups for a thread like your and you want
> to impose us to discuss it..
> Now I have a question: WHO decide what "takes precedence"? You? the
> King? Bush? Saddam?
> I'll freely won't be stop speackin' hi-fi/lo-fi matters, and I hope
> everybody will do the same.
> I really can't easily immagine someone interested in gettin' a good
> banjo sound at war.. while I could do it for someone who likes to
> impose its questions.
>
> Regards.
>
> P.S.: sorry for my English..
> Ciao,
> Pietro

I am saying it is taking precedence in my personal affairs, not that
anyone else needs to or even should care
George
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 9:13:28 PM

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:25:06 -0400, "Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com>
wrote:

>"playon" <playonATcomcast.net> wrote in message
>
>> Spare me the dime store psychology. If it's anywhere near the quality
>> your pronouncements on audio I'll take a pass.
>
>Why don't you come play audio with me? Show us what you've got besides empty
>claims!

What claims would those be?
July 21, 2004 9:23:25 PM

In article <iOGdnZ3DXfwHOGPdRVn-uQ@comcast.com>,
"Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:

> "George" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>
> >> I think your statement was very telling. In fact George you're
> >> playing the role of a disruptive child around here. If you did it at
> >> a in-person meeting of adults, you'd be shunned.
>
> > you say all this as if you have a point or that your rantings have any
> authority
>
> Tell us George about the last time upi showed up at a local AES chapter
> meeting and hijacked it for political debate.
>
> > Come see me at AES I will give you twice this in person
>
> OK, George tell about the last time upi showed up at a national AES
> meeting and hijacked it for political debate.
>
> There are over 20,000 Usenet groups, at least 1000 or more deal with social
> issues. Apparently the cosmic meaning of this has escaped you, George.

I perfer to discuss this with names I know, if fact Ihave met face to
face wih many of those I am in disscusion with here
so you see arny I am not going to the other groups beacuse I know and
have met many of those I am talking to here , they are at least allied
in the feild I work in, know the people I know and thier opinions are
the ones I am intrested in
other wise I might as well set up a soap box at the bus stop and yell
into the wind