video converter

I've taken a few videos on holiday on my p910i, and want to include
them in a video I'm making of or hols (sad I know!!!)

trouble is, I can't inlcude mp4 video files and need to convert them
to avi.

Is there a freeware converter between avi and mp4 - ideally one which
works both ways, so I can convert other avis to mp4 to play back on
the phone?
5 answers Last reply
More about video converter

    i don't think avi works in the P series....[probably u can only play 3gp
    vids only] + i don't think u can find a FREEWARE... but u can find a
    shareware and then look for the key....

    --
    BrutalSlayer

    On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 09:03:58 -0500, BrutalSlayer
    <BrutalSlayer.1mx1yy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    >i don't think avi works in the P series....[probably u can only play 3gp
    >vids only] + i don't think u can find a FREEWARE... but u can find a
    >shareware and then look for the key....

    I don't want to play avi on the P... I want to convert mp4 to avi on
    the PC

    Tym <spam_trap@ictis.net> wrote:
    : Is there a freeware converter between avi and mp4

    I was going to suggest videolan VLC to stream the mp4 into
    whatever form you like but searching for 'freeware mp42avi'
    on google returns only one result. I'd try it.

    : So I can convert other avis to mp4 to play back on the phone?

    Havent't come across any freeware mpeg/avi/mov/vob <-> mp4/3gp
    converters, but some of your shareware/commercial options come
    from mpegable, sorenson, artech365, riverpast, packetvideo,
    apple (quicktime pro).

    You'd get much better quality if you used Smartmovie on the phone
    to play AVI (divx/xvid/3ivx) files and Virtualdubmod to
    convert your source material.

    --
    pera

    On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:46:13 +0000 (UTC), pera@gibberish.iki.fi wrote:

    >You'd get much better quality if you used Smartmovie on the phone
    >to play AVI (divx/xvid/3ivx) files and Virtualdubmod to
    >convert your source material.

    Thanks - I'll give it a try

    pera@gibberish.iki.fi wrote:
    : Tym <spam_trap@ictis.net> wrote:
    : : Is there a freeware converter between avi and mp4

    : Havent't come across any freeware mpeg/avi/mov/vob <-> mp4/3gp

    Have now. It can be a bit of a kludge and lacks some features
    one would hope to have but otherwise PSP Video 9 does the job
    quite nicely.

    --
    pera

Ericsson MP4 Video Converter