video converter

Last response: in Brands
April 3, 2005 5:57:27 PM

I've taken a few videos on holiday on my p910i, and want to include
them in a video I'm making of or hols (sad I know!!!)

trouble is, I can't inlcude mp4 video files and need to convert them
to avi.

Is there a freeware converter between avi and mp4 - ideally one which
works both ways, so I can convert other avis to mp4 to play back on
the phone?

More about : video converter

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 5:57:28 PM

i don't think avi works in the P series....[probably u can only play 3gp
vids only] + i don't think u can find a FREEWARE... but u can find a
shareware and then look for the key....

--
BrutalSlayer
April 4, 2005 2:30:01 AM

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 09:03:58 -0500, BrutalSlayer
<BrutalSlayer.1mx1yy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>i don't think avi works in the P series....[probably u can only play 3gp
>vids only] + i don't think u can find a FREEWARE... but u can find a
>shareware and then look for the key....

I don't want to play avi on the P... I want to convert mp4 to avi on
the PC
April 4, 2005 6:46:13 PM

Tym <spam_trap@ictis.net> wrote:
: Is there a freeware converter between avi and mp4

I was going to suggest videolan VLC to stream the mp4 into
whatever form you like but searching for 'freeware mp42avi'
on google returns only one result. I'd try it.

: So I can convert other avis to mp4 to play back on the phone?

Havent't come across any freeware mpeg/avi/mov/vob <-> mp4/3gp
converters, but some of your shareware/commercial options come
from mpegable, sorenson, artech365, riverpast, packetvideo,
apple (quicktime pro).

You'd get much better quality if you used Smartmovie on the phone
to play AVI (divx/xvid/3ivx) files and Virtualdubmod to
convert your source material.

--
pera
Anonymous

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:46:13 +0000 (UTC), pera@gibberish.iki.fi wrote:

>You'd get much better quality if you used Smartmovie on the phone
>to play AVI (divx/xvid/3ivx) files and Virtualdubmod to
>convert your source material.

Thanks - I'll give it a try
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 6:13:11 PM

pera@gibberish.iki.fi wrote:
: Tym <spam_trap@ictis.net> wrote:
: : Is there a freeware converter between avi and mp4

: Havent't come across any freeware mpeg/avi/mov/vob <-> mp4/3gp

Have now. It can be a bit of a kludge and lacks some features
one would hope to have but otherwise PSP Video 9 does the job
quite nicely.

--
pera
!