stlts - new abstract game

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

play stlts online, with other players or the computer

http://stlts.com

all observations welcome
2 answers Last reply
More about stlts abstract game
  1. Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

    In the past chatterbots were suppose to just be able to trick a user into
    thinking that they were talking to a real person. But now that they are
    better known it has become a race between who can trick the user and who
    can get the chatterbot to mess up.

    however I have noticed that in doing the contest that various methods have
    been used to create chatterbots. I will try a contest not done before.The
    purpose of this contest will be two fold, 1. to determine the best method of
    AI creation and or areas that each method needs to improve upon and who
    makes the best conversationalist.

    This way the chatterbot community can get into the serious business of
    creating a more life like chat bot that companies could use on their
    website.

    In this contest botmasters will take the core personality and data based
    and attempt to tranfer it into at least 3 different bot programs, perhaps
    ultrahal or the pf or wendells talk bot or alice etc..
    The prize money would be from a percentage of the sponsorship money, all
    contestants would have to display a banner code of all the sponsors on their
    site in order to enter and the winner would have to display the sponsor who
    donated the most money on their site for one year. The winner however will
    also be able to advertise their bot and method for hire on the sponsors
    sites as well.There would be a small entry fee of 5.00 usa money or
    comparable currency of the contestant for money to be divided up between the
    judges. a small fraction of the money from sponsors would be used to pay for
    the monthly site fees.

    a list of the money made and where it went will be posted on the contest
    site after the contest starts.Because of the intense nature of this contest
    and the work involved for bot masters the contest would not start until may
    1, 2006.

    none of the sponsors, judges or the site owner of the contest can enter a
    bot. so none of my bots would be entered. The judges should either have a
    degree in computer science and AI or experience of at least 5 years of bot
    programming creation or research.

    The sponsors would have to donate at least 100 dollars per 3 months of
    advertising on the contest site. nothing under a 100 dollars will be
    considered to be a sponsor donation, however a donation of a smaller amount
    would be worth a small text link to the person donating the money for a
    period of 3 months.

    It will be held at Chat Bot friends ( http://www.chatbotfriends.com ) of
    course. I will be adding more details at the end of next week.

    sheryl
  2. Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

    "sheryl" <sherry40@charter.net> wrote in news:O%46e.415$aW1.88@fe04.lga:

    > In this contest botmasters will take the core personality and data based
    > and attempt to tranfer it into at least 3 different bot programs, perhaps
    > ultrahal or the pf or wendells talk bot or alice etc..

    The database would be a problem. Having a database where mentioning "Babe
    Ruth" can cause the bot to ask "The ball player or the candy bar?".

    I think a great bot can be created by merging an "Alice" front end to a
    google API backend grabbing the top 10 responses then parsing it to a
    temporary database. Thats a might big "brain" database available there.

    Ive sent emails to both Google and Jarvis that they should work on
    something like that but no responses.

    Gandalf Parker
    -- WANTED: A trustworthy "wish I had ideas" project finisher to partner
    in a profit sharing relationship with an excellent "got too many ideas"
    project starter.

Games Video Games