The most advanced AI techniches in Game

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 16, 2005 9:59:44 AM

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

Hi,

I want to get some materials about advanced AI tech used in Game. I
think there is a collection of links or books for met to read, can
anybody give me some hints?

Binary
April 18, 2005 4:03:55 PM

Binary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to get some materials about advanced AI tech used in Game. I
> think there is a collection of links or books for met to read, can
> anybody give me some hints?
>
> Binary

Great name, Binary. I suppose your little brother is named Ternary?

"Advanced AI" could mean 1) best use of AI in adding value to a game, or
2) most complicated and slowest AI technique in a game. Probably the
latter would be the insertion of some sort of learning technology,
perhaps ILP? Or modeling the cognitive decision making process?

Maybe the following links will lead somewhere useful. I'd especially
check out the academic conferences like IAAI. Around 2000-2002, IAAI
conducted several symposia that were dedicated to gaming AI.

comp.ai.games FAQ:
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article200.as...

AI Games:
http://www.aiwisdom.com/
http://www.gameai.com/
http://ai-depot.com/
http://www2k.biglobe.ne.jp/~tomo/aigames/index_e.html

Robocup:
http://www.robocup.org/

A biblio of academic AI gaming research:
http://www.dgp.toronto.edu/~funge/ai4games/bibliography...

Funge also has a survey book that looks interesting (but brief):
http://www.dgp.toronto.edu/~funge/ai4games/
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/156881208...

Academic research into AI gaming:
John Laird's game research:
http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/laird/gamesresearch.htm...
Especially:
http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/laird/Game-AI-Resources...

NC State’s Liquid Narrative research group
http://liquidnarrative.csc.ncsu.edu

Northwestern’s Interactive Entertainment Group, esp. Ian Horswill
http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/research/groups/ieg/
http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~ian/

USC’s Institute for Creative Technologies and USC's ISI
http://www.ict.usc.edu
http://www.isi.usc.edu

A few AI research papers:

Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Entertainment
http://www.csc.ncsu.edu/faculty/stamant/papers/links-01...

Improving Adaptive Game AI with Evolutionary Learning
http://www.cs.unimaas.nl/p.spronck/Pubs/PonsenCGAIDE.pd...

State Estimation for Game AI Using Particle Filters
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~curt/AAAI2004.pdf

Hierarchical Plan Representations for Encoding Strategic Game AI
http://www.cse.lehigh.edu/~munoz/Publications/AIIDE05.p...

Automatically Acquiring Domain Knowledge For Adaptive Game AI Using
Evolutionary Learning
http://www.cse.lehigh.edu/~munoz/Publications/IAAI05.pd...

Randy

--
Randy Crawford http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~rand rand AT rice DOT edu
April 18, 2005 9:55:33 PM

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

Good, thanks for your kind help:)

Binary
!