O2 Online now selling SE K700i - What Software Level to fi..

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 12, 2005 10:21:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I've today ordered a new Sony Ericsson K700i as a free upgrade via O2
Online.
O2 tell me that the O2 K700i SMS Problem is now resolved.
Could someone tell me what the Software Level should be that fixes this
problem.
Many Thanks,
Jon
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 12:33:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Thus spake JB:
> I've today ordered a new Sony Ericsson K700i as a free upgrade via O2
> Online.
> O2 tell me that the O2 K700i SMS Problem is now resolved.
> Could someone tell me what the Software Level should be that fixes
> this problem.
> Many Thanks,
> Jon

I don't think that O2 publishes its network's s/w upgrades ;)

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

>> O2 tell me that the O2 K700i SMS Problem is now resolved.
>> Could someone tell me what the Software Level should be that fixes
>> this problem.
>> Many Thanks,
>> Jon

what was the problem ? was it the same on the orange network ?

David
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 1:24:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Thus spake David:
>>> O2 tell me that the O2 K700i SMS Problem is now resolved.
>>> Could someone tell me what the Software Level should be that fixes
>>> this problem.
>>> Many Thanks,
>>> Jon
>

> what was the problem ? was it the same on the orange network ?
>
> David

I'm not sure. I was taking a sideswipe at O2. Although I can't remember the
details, I heard mention of the fact that some manufacturers of phones don't
always strictly adhere to GSM standards which can lead to idiosyncratic
behaviour. There are also fairly minor differences how competing networks
handle certain features.

Vodafone for instance, have recently enabled the voicemail icon but they
haven't changed the delivery method - you still only get the choice of SMS
alerts, Send & Deliver etc but can't turn them off & just rely on the icon.
If I miss a call where a voicemail message has been left & the caller tries
again successfully, mentioning that they left a message, I'd prefer to be
able to ignore the VM & not incur a charge to ring 121. However, if I try
doing that I keep on getting repeated SMS alerts until I blink 1st & ring
121. The problem with relying on the icon alone is that it doesn't indicate
how many VMs have been left.

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!
April 16, 2005 3:36:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

> I'm not sure. I was taking a sideswipe at O2. Although I can't remember
> the details, I heard mention of the fact that some manufacturers of phones
> don't always strictly adhere to GSM standards which can lead to
> idiosyncratic behaviour. There are also fairly minor differences how
> competing networks handle certain features.

I got one free with my orange contract but don't need it
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=57...

but am concerned about selling it if they are dodgy ?

David
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 10:05:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Thus spake David:
>> I'm not sure. I was taking a sideswipe at O2. Although I can't
>> remember the details, I heard mention of the fact that some
>> manufacturers of phones don't always strictly adhere to GSM
>> standards which can lead to idiosyncratic behaviour. There are also
>> fairly minor differences how competing networks handle certain
>> features.
>
> I got one free with my orange contract but don't need it
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=57...
>
> but am concerned about selling it if they are dodgy ?
>
> David

I think the K700 is a brilliant phone but not perfect. No full-screen
picture preview & the caller list is in rather random order & not strict
date order as I think it should be (Voda branded). Its RF performance is
also excellent. Although it doesn't have any memory expansion, ~40MBs isn't
bad. Its Bluetooth implementation is also very good. What are you currently
using?

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!
April 16, 2005 11:57:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

> I think the K700 is a brilliant phone but not perfect. No full-screen
> picture preview & the caller list is in rather random order & not strict
> date order as I think it should be (Voda branded). Its RF performance is
> also excellent. Although it doesn't have any memory expansion, ~40MBs
> isn't bad. Its Bluetooth implementation is also very good. What are you
> currently using?

I am using the imate jam which I love ! it does everything I want.. and
saves me from carrying a phone and a pda around :)

DAvid
!