jmpayne

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
I have a quick couple of questions. We just changed from a cheap belkin to a netgear N300, was that a good change or move? Secondly, we have 2 mbps cable internet speed and our download speed is 1.92 and upload speed is is 0.48 with a 65ms ping. Is the download and upload speeds good with 2 mbps internet speed that we pay for. Also, what is a ping. My last couple of questions are: If we are playing the playstation and computer at the sametimes, just playing games and on the computer doing music and music videos, is 2 mbps enough speed to begin with? The new netgear has helped but I noticed they had 200 dollar routers at the store but I am just wondering with all the other questions of mine if the amount of speed we pay for is the problem at 2mbps or is that enough, and also, how are our download and upload speeds with 2 mbps? Thank you so much for your time. My son and daughter would greatly appreciated any answer since they use the computer and playstation at the same time.

1) cannot compare unknown model belking to netgear N300.
2) If you are paying for 2 mbps and you are getting 1.92 then that is excellent
3) 65ms ping is also excellent. anything under 200 is good.
4) No, 2 mbps is not enough speed. not even streaming video to one computer without any gaming. I would recommend 6 mbps minimum.

the speed problem you have is not your router, it is your level of service with the ISP. it sounds like you need to order faster internet service.

TRENDING THREADS