64 bit twain drivers d1250u2f

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtistdug

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Have been struggling with Canoscan drivers. My not too old d1250u2f Canon scanner seems destined for the scrap heap because there is not a 64 bit TWAIN driver to be had out there anywhere. I managed to drag the Scangear toolbox off the original CD, but the many drivers I've tried from the net never install properly or work at all
Has anyone figured out a work-around yet?
By the way, is it just me, or is it really annoying to find so many links going to the ParetoLogic Pay-To-Fix-Your-Drivers link? :pfff:

saran008

Distinguished
Download Vista Drivers from here, hope it should work fine with windows 7 64 bit.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=351&modelid=6622

Though your scanner is not there in Windows compatibility List, You can try installing the 64 bit driver package for near matching scanner. There are possibilities of working.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Canon%20CanoScan%20D1250U2F%20Scanner&v=Canon&uid=&pf=2&pi=8&c=Printers%20%26%20Scanners&sc=Scanners&os=32-bit

gigason

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
the only successful method I found for using CanoScan D1250U2F in 64 bit Windows 7 (I guess the same would be for 64 bit Vista) is to use Windows XP Mode in Virtual PC (attach the scanner as USB device and that's it - works perfectly)

I had a problem with Windows 7 detecting the device as CanoScan (needed for Windows XP Mode to detect is as USB device and allow attach) - the solution was to unplug the scanner, plug it in and CANCEL Windows 7 hardware detection process before it finishes - this leaves it as "CanoScan" device (auto-detect will leave it as "Unrecognized device" and with that unusable/un-attachable in Windows XP Mode)

n20capri

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Old thread I know - has anyone come up with a solution? Just got Win 7 and I've got xp virtual going but it still even XP doesn't find the scanner. I've tried to manually install the drivers but it doesn't work. My old machine was XP and worked the scanner fine...ughhh this is annoying...lol

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.