Hercules Game Theatre XP

FatBurger

Illustrious
You red bastard!
Oh...sorry.

Anyhow, I have a GTXP on an i850 chipset. I love it.
And your lap is still there, it's just vertical and therefore worthless.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

gal128

Distinguished
May 14, 2002
i have the GXTP 6.1 and i850e and they 0wNz m3!

No, seriously if you had a good surround setup that card will show you a lot of love.

HULK SMASH!!!

buddry

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
Most of VIA problems have occured with Creative cards, so you SHOULD be ok.

That is a nice <b><font color=green>Garbage Can</font color=green></b> you have there!

dade305

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2002
GTXP rocks!

Man, wish there were some high-end 5.1 speakers
available that didn't cost a fortune.

Currently using a Sony bookshelf stereo
hooked up to the GTXP..

nullvector

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002
I just got the GTXP 6.1 and using it with Abit KX7-333Raid board/Athlon XP 2100+ and no problems at all under Win2k or WinXP.

Its a great sound card, by the way, it beats the crap outta anything creative can throw at it. Total sweetness.

Tommunist

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
thanks guys. I just picked it up last thursday and installed it this past weekend. Everything seems to work without a hitch. I have some older BA speakers (2.1) hooked up to it now; would it be worth upgrading to 4.1 or 5.1?

*** :cool: Duff Man says a lot of things, OH YEAH!!! :cool: ***

MisterMaya

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2002
I just got a GTXP too, but it's giving me hell right now... I have it hooked up with two analog cables, and it refuses to play the front left and right as the "front left" and "front right" channel. The only time the front speakers play is if I tell it it's a 5.1 or 6.1, and then they play in dual-mono when the front-center speaker fires up. Been quite a while, no luck from hercules' knowledge base yet. Dug pretty far down the Tom forums too, no luck there, and the Hercules forums haven't sent me my password yet. :(

Anybody who's installed this card successfully know what's going on?

Oh yeah, OS is XP pro, it's a P4 system, unknown mobo brand 'cuz it's a secondhand GW2K computer. I hope I don't have to reinstall anything major. :(

-- Monkeys? What does this .sig have to do with monkeys? --

MisterMaya

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2002
sorry to reply to myself, but noticed another weirdo thing that might help figure this out... When I have the front-center channel playing with no others in speaker test (i.e. the only way to get my four-point speakers to play the front left and front right), if I move the main L/R balance slider back and forth, it pans from left to right like it should.... which is strange, because it thinks it's playing a mono channel on a single speaker. Why would adjusting the L/R balance on a single channel pan from speaker to speaker like that?

oh well, I guess I just won't be having any fun with this card for a few days.

Love the output options though. I can probably use the flexible outputs this thing has to drive my good old dolby surround amp, and gain remote control, 85W/channel, and true 5.1 out of it. Schweeeeet. :lol: Now if only it would work... :frown:

-- Monkeys? What does this .sig have to do with monkeys? --

TRENDING THREADS