T610 Joystick Problem

Hi there,

Having some problems with my joystick. It works fine in the left,
right and down directions but when I try to navigate upwards it seems
to behave as though I've clicked the button inwards.

It's getting very annoying having to navigate the menus by scrolling
downwards only all the time.

Anyone got ideas on how to fix this? Will a replacement joystick do
the job?
5 answers Last reply
More about t610 joystick problem

    "Dave Smith" <dave_smith16@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Having some problems with my joystick. It works fine in the left,
    > right and down directions but when I try to navigate upwards it seems
    > to behave as though I've clicked the button inwards.
    >
    > It's getting very annoying having to navigate the menus by scrolling
    > downwards only all the time.
    >
    > Anyone got ideas on how to fix this? Will a replacement joystick do
    > the job?

    The T610 joystick is notorious for this, and it's usually down to dirt and
    dust. Strip the phone down (instructions at the UselessInfo site in my sig)
    and clean the surrounding area carefully, see if that helps.

    --
    >>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
    >>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<

    Richard Colton wrote:
    > "Dave Smith" <dave_smith16@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > Having some problems with my joystick. It works fine in the left,
    > > right and down directions but when I try to navigate upwards it
    seems
    > > to behave as though I've clicked the button inwards.
    > >
    > > It's getting very annoying having to navigate the menus by
    scrolling
    > > downwards only all the time.
    > >
    > > Anyone got ideas on how to fix this? Will a replacement joystick do
    > > the job?
    >
    > The T610 joystick is notorious for this, and it's usually down to
    dirt and
    > dust. Strip the phone down (instructions at the UselessInfo site in
    my sig)
    > and clean the surrounding area carefully, see if that helps.
    >
    > --

    I have stripped the phone and cleaned it but no luck I'm afraid.

    I didn't actually remove the joystick though. Does anybody know how to
    do this? Couldn't see instructions for removing the joystick on Useless
    Info...

    > Richard Colton wrote:
    >> "Dave Smith" <dave_smith16@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi there,
    >> >
    >> > Having some problems with my joystick. It works fine in the left,
    >> > right and down directions but when I try to navigate upwards it
    > seems
    >> > to behave as though I've clicked the button inwards.
    >> >
    >> > It's getting very annoying having to navigate the menus by
    > scrolling
    >> > downwards only all the time.
    >> >
    >> > Anyone got ideas on how to fix this? Will a replacement joystick do
    >> > the job?
    >>
    >> The T610 joystick is notorious for this, and it's usually down to
    > dirt and
    >> dust. Strip the phone down (instructions at the UselessInfo site in
    > my sig)
    >> and clean the surrounding area carefully, see if that helps.
    >>
    >> --
    >
    > I have stripped the phone and cleaned it but no luck I'm afraid.
    >
    > I didn't actually remove the joystick though. Does anybody know how to
    > do this? Couldn't see instructions for removing the joystick on Useless
    > Info...

    It just pulls off the main circuit board (the cover that is - taking care
    not to lift the contacts and tracks underneath).

    --
    >>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
    >>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<

    Richard Colton wrote:
    > <dave_smith16@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Richard Colton wrote:
    > >> "Dave Smith" <dave_smith16@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > seems

    > > scrolling

    > >> The T610 joystick is notorious for this, and it's usually down to
    > > dirt and
    > >> dust. Strip the phone down (instructions at the UselessInfo site
    in
    > > my sig)
    > >> and clean the surrounding area carefully, see if that helps.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >
    > > I have stripped the phone and cleaned it but no luck I'm afraid.
    > >
    > > I didn't actually remove the joystick though. Does anybody know how
    > > do this? Couldn't see instructions for removing the joystick on
    Useless
    > > Info...
    >
    > It just pulls off the main circuit board (the cover that is - taking
    care
    > not to lift the contacts and tracks underneath).
    >
    > --

    Thanks for the help, managed to take the joystick out and clean
    underneath but it still refuses to navigate upwards on menus. Guess
    I'll have to buy a new joystick and try that in there.

    > Richard Colton wrote:
    >> <dave_smith16@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > left,
    >> > seems

    >> > scrolling

    > do

    >> > dirt and
    > in
    >> > my sig)
    >> >
    >> > I have stripped the phone and cleaned it but no luck I'm afraid.
    >> >
    >> > I didn't actually remove the joystick though. Does anybody know how
    >> > do this? Couldn't see instructions for removing the joystick on
    > Useless
    >> > Info...
    >>
    >> It just pulls off the main circuit board (the cover that is - taking
    > care
    >> not to lift the contacts and tracks underneath).
    >>

    > Thanks for the help, managed to take the joystick out and clean
    > underneath but it still refuses to navigate upwards on menus. Guess
    > I'll have to buy a new joystick and try that in there.

    Shame, but it does look like the joystick itself is faulty after all. If
    you're thinking about replacing it yourself I hope you're good with a very
    fine tipped soldering iron or hot air soldering rig because the contacts are
    a bit on the small size.

    --
    >>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
    >>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<