How to access internet from notebook through P910i?

Last response: in Brands
April 22, 2005 2:49:08 PM

The problem I have is the following:
It is possible to connect the phone through bluetooth or ir and even it says
that the connection with net is ok. But in the end it clearly appears that
I've no connection at all. Either ping or simply opening the page does not
work.
Did anyone have such problem?
I am anxiously waiting for the advice.
Thank you in advance.
Thomas from Poland
April 22, 2005 10:30:33 PM

"alloyrun" <alloyrun@wp.pl> wrote in message
news:D 4adqf$cjo$1@achot.icm.edu.pl...
> The problem I have is the following:
> It is possible to connect the phone through bluetooth or ir and even it
> says that the connection with net is ok. But in the end it clearly appears
> that I've no connection at all. Either ping or simply opening the page
> does not work.
> Did anyone have such problem?
> I am anxiously waiting for the advice.
> Thank you in advance.
> Thomas from Poland

Works fine with my laptop.

Best to try with IR first as that is the easiest connection to setup. Are
you setting up a dialup connection or are you trying to use GPRS? If you are
using a normal dialup the transfer rate is really sllloooww which might be
why you think nothing is happening. GPRS is much quicker so long as it is
available on your phone provider.

Setting up a connection via Bluetooth is a little more tricky, but give IR a
go first.

For anyone else interested the P910i works fine on B/T as a moden for my
Palm T3.

Martin