hashockey

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Here's what Im having trouble with. Plan on purchasing gigabyte P4 850e with 533FSB. I was planning on buying two sticks of 256 kingston memory. However that would leave two RIMM's open and I would need two crimms correct? I havent been able to find any 1066 crimms. Do I need specifically PC-1066 crimms or will slower ones work without dropping the preformance to PC-800 levels.

Thank you
Andrew

sir_jakontil

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
hi mate, the 1066 CRIMM will usually comes default with the motherboard, so you can go ahead buying 2 sticks of 256RAM and use the CRIMM that comes with motherboard to fill in the blanks :)

AMD is good, but Intel is more fun

hashockey

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Well according to the pictures in the THG roundup there doesnt appear to be any CRIMM in the picture of what is included with the gigabyte board. However CRIMM is included with the ASUS boards as seen in the pictures.

FatBurger

Illustrious
All motherboards I've ever seen come with two cRIMMs, just like they come with at least one IDE cable, and a backplate, etc.

And there is no such thing as PC800 or PC1066 cRIMMs, all they do is tell the motherboard that there's no RAM there.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

eden

Champion
Why, do P4 mobos need to fill all 4 DIMMs, or if you had 3 sticks of RAM and needed to fill the last for DC, you'd need a C RIMM? Each time I think I finally understand the meaning/purpose behind these things, something new comes up.

--
:smile: Intel and AMD sitting under a tree, P-R-O-C-E-S-S-I-N-G! :smile: