Plextor 40/32/40 - Buffer Probs

I have Plex 40 write and it's been fine since i reinstalled my PC. Atfer doing so my buffer jumps up and down quite alot and when using nero it says buffer unrun avioded 123 times (before i reinstalled it used to say 1-3 times). i have have tried differnt ASPI drivers but still has not luck, becuase of this cd's are takes ages to burn. I have also run the CD on it's own IDE channel as i thought this may be the prob but still not look. Hope you ppl can help, thanks in advince for your advice
7 answers Last reply
More about plextor buffer probs
  1. Do you have DMA enabled for that writer?

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>
  2. make sure dma is enabled for the writer and the hard drive.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
  3. Yup, DMA. And Plexie 40's will only write at 24x in DAO write mode - well documented now, Plextor don't give two hoots about DAO

Hell Hath No Fury Like ASPI Scorned
  4. Hi, are you the same FutureProof from cdfreaks.com?

Welcome to THG whether you are or not.

5. <A HREF="http://club.cdfreaks.com/index.php?s=" target="_new">Yep</A> ;)

I have some issue with the CD protection article, so I thought I'd make a few posts before complaining too loudly :P

Hell Hath No Fury Like ASPI Scorned<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FutureProof on 06/28/02 11:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
  6. DMA is set on but im still having the same probs, i understand about the plecky's speed retrictions with DAO but like i said the buffer is going crazy and it was fine b4
  7. You wouldn't be the first to complain about an article here.

Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Writers Plextor CD-Rom Storage