Dragon's Lair 3D, Fatal error, access violation, on Window..

Last response: in Video Games
August 12, 2004 5:54:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

Dragon's Lair 3D, Fatal error, access violation

I picked this up for $10 at CompUsa, but when I try to play it, I can run
along the cliff avoiding boulders, but when I get to the ledge where you
jump up, the game crashes, and a window, "Fatal Error" "Access Violation"
(OK) pops up.

I'm running XP pro.

Anyone else had this problem, and if so, got a solution?

Thanks

More about : dragon lair fatal error access violation window

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 7:17:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

just for the record, of anyone is reading this because they had a similar
problem, the problem seemed to be due to the ALT-UP ARROW or ALT-W of the
game (jump forward) causing Windows XP to throw you out of the game.
Changing the jump key from ALT to LEFT CTRL seemed to fix it for the most
part.

The game still goes kaplunk sometimes when you get into a key-mashing
frenzy, but overall it works.

Pretty good game, I got all the way to the fight with the Dragon....about
halfway through the game... and that's really hard. I want to say
impossible, but obviously, from the FAQ walkthrough I found on the internet,
it's possible. I just can't seem to do it.

"Algomeysa2" <Algomeysa2NOSPAM@mindspring.comNOPESPAM> wrote in message
> Dragon's Lair 3D, Fatal error, access violation
>
> I picked this up for $10 at CompUsa, but when I try to play it, I can run
> along the cliff avoiding boulders, but when I get to the ledge where you
> jump up, the game crashes, and a window, "Fatal Error" "Access Violation"
> (OK) pops up.
>
> I'm running XP pro.
>
> Anyone else had this problem, and if so, got a solution?
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 3:50:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

I just got this message for the first time while in The Impossible Room
(3rd time I've been there in the game, just finished The Lizard King). I
jumped while two of the small dragons were blowing fire at me on the
middle wooden platform. Weird.
!