Dragon's Lair 3D, Fatal error, access violation, on Window..

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

Dragon's Lair 3D, Fatal error, access violation

I picked this up for $10 at CompUsa, but when I try to play it, I can run
along the cliff avoiding boulders, but when I get to the ledge where you
jump up, the game crashes, and a window, "Fatal Error" "Access Violation"
(OK) pops up.

I'm running XP pro.

Anyone else had this problem, and if so, got a solution?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about dragon lair fatal error access violation window
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

    just for the record, of anyone is reading this because they had a similar
    problem, the problem seemed to be due to the ALT-UP ARROW or ALT-W of the
    game (jump forward) causing Windows XP to throw you out of the game.
    Changing the jump key from ALT to LEFT CTRL seemed to fix it for the most
    part.

    The game still goes kaplunk sometimes when you get into a key-mashing
    frenzy, but overall it works.

    Pretty good game, I got all the way to the fight with the Dragon....about
    halfway through the game... and that's really hard. I want to say
    impossible, but obviously, from the FAQ walkthrough I found on the internet,
    it's possible. I just can't seem to do it.

    "Algomeysa2" <Algomeysa2NOSPAM@mindspring.comNOPESPAM> wrote in message
    > Dragon's Lair 3D, Fatal error, access violation
    >
    > I picked this up for $10 at CompUsa, but when I try to play it, I can run
    > along the cliff avoiding boulders, but when I get to the ledge where you
    > jump up, the game crashes, and a window, "Fatal Error" "Access Violation"
    > (OK) pops up.
    >
    > I'm running XP pro.
    >
    > Anyone else had this problem, and if so, got a solution?
    >
    > Thanks

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

    I just got this message for the first time while in The Impossible Room
    (3rd time I've been there in the game, just finished The Lizard King). I
    jumped while two of the small dragons were blowing fire at me on the
    middle wooden platform. Weird.

Games 3D Video Games