Powering up monitors using a power bar switch: Bad or good?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
July 23, 2004 1:10:52 AM

I can't seem to find any definitive answers out there in Google. I would
really like *not* having to reach over my desk to power up my monitors.

Is it OK for someone (me) to leave his (mine) Event powered monitors
switched on at the back and use my power bar to power them both on at the
same time by flicking the power bar "on" switch, or is this a bad idea?

At present I am powering them off and on using a cross-desk reaching motion
and the switches on the back of each monitor.

Thoughts?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 23, 2004 1:10:53 AM

If it pops when you turn the strip on then put the monitors on a
separate power bar and turn them on last and off first.

Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
@/

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:10:52 GMT, "Ryan"
<rgj.pierce@*nospam*ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>I can't seem to find any definitive answers out there in Google. I would
>really like *not* having to reach over my desk to power up my monitors.
>
>Is it OK for someone (me) to leave his (mine) Event powered monitors
>switched on at the back and use my power bar to power them both on at the
>same time by flicking the power bar "on" switch, or is this a bad idea?
>
>At present I am powering them off and on using a cross-desk reaching motion
>and the switches on the back of each monitor.
>
>Thoughts?

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 23, 2004 1:10:53 AM

In article <w3WLc.81490$Np3.3863067@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca> rgj.pierce@*nospam*ns.sympatico.ca writes:

> Is it OK for someone (me) to leave his (mine) Event powered monitors
> switched on at the back and use my power bar to power them both on at the
> same time by flicking the power bar "on" switch, or is this a bad idea?

No problem.

a b C Monitor
July 23, 2004 4:44:52 AM

i do this with my Krk monitors also

should be ok

going around and swiching 1 by one - hmmm
specialy if You working on surround 5.1 sound project

i have all my equipment going on with 1 switch :-)
just main volume goin to a zero before

till now all is working ok

will tell if something blow up

emil