Ragz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2002
just put together a P4533T-C with Kingston 1066 RAM, and I am having one problem. When it boots from a cold boot the voice is telling me that it has failed the memory test so next i hold the power button down to reboot and then it jumps to my bios i have tried all different settings with the same results. But once i save the bios info machine boots fine and acts fine. Is anyone having the same problem cause i know 1066 rambus ram is fairly new and the manual had said that this MB has only been tested with Samsung ram but i know there are alot of people in this forum that has the same config i have. Should i just disable the memory check on startup or do i have to worry about something else? any help would be great thanks in advance

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Enter BIOS and change the memory setting from Auto to 4x. This early BIOS can't detect the Kingston modules SPD information properly. Later BIOS revisions should fix that issue, until then, set it at 4x.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

G

is your system overclocked? have you already tried to reset your bios?

<i>if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy ...</i>