Hi-8 to CD/DVD

kabbalah

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2002
I'm looking for a simple way to transfer Hi-8 & VHS to CD presently and DVD in the future. I have a Dell P4 with a digital capture card but no analog. I was told that the Dazzle Hollywood bridge (DM 2200) or the Pinnacle Studio Deluxe would both work well. Has anybody any advise between these 2 products, or any other that might do the trick. I want something not too complicated, and I hate to pay $60/hr to a DVD transfer service as I have many hours to copy.

Thanks

framar

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2002
Hi !

As you already have a Digital capture card in your PC, maybe an Analog capture card could do the job !?! Take a look on the Pinnacle Studio AV 7.0. Very similar to the Pinnacle Studio Deluxe without Digital capture and without the Authoring software, but, it cames with the Video editing software (Pinnacle). And for half the price ox the Deluxe card, what a deal !

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Yup, I'm doing the same thing, but I'm currently using the mediocre MGI VideoWave 5 and the ATI TV Wonder for analog video capture. The MGI doesn't have one advantage over other low-cost video editing solution, however. It has some excellent DVD and mini-DVD (DVD on a CD) authoring tools.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink: