Cheap Router/Repeater (with DD-WRT or Tomato)

cel4145

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Just bought a 50" Panny Plasma TV, and I have decided I don't want to support Panasonic's practice of making users buy a $60 USB wifi dongle instead of building that capability into the TV.

Anyone using an inexpensive repeater or router as a repeater for this purpose? Preferably one that works with a DD-WRT or Tomato firmware update.

Thanks for any suggestions.

The best deal on a dd-wrt/tomato compatible router I'm currently aware of.

http://slickdeals.net/f/4625240-Thread-Renewed-Belkin-Sharemax-N300-300Mbps-802-11n-4-Port-Gigabit-Wireless-Router-w-2-USB-Ports-DD-WRT-Tomato-OpenWRT-22-Shipped

A lot of bang for the buck when you consider 453 MHz CPU, 8 MB Flash, 64 MB RAM, 2 x USB 2.0, and 4 Port Gigabit Switch. It's almost a shame to waste it on a measly bridge. Would be even better if you already had a more modest dd-wrt as your primary. Just make the Belkin the primary and move the other one to bridging duties.

cel4145

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for. A good router at a great price because of sucky stock firmware that can be flashed to Tomato and DD-WRT. Just ordered it.

I looked at the Newegg reviews, and someone was already doing with theirs exactly what I hope to do. :)

TRENDING THREADS