Sudoku generator

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

Hello friends,

I'm looking for a simple Sudoku puzzle generator (C++ source code would be
best). I browsed some sourceforge projects, but these are mostly in Java
and rather too complex.

A decent descriptive document would be good as well.

--
Best regards,
BB

    In <1nl1msgkedxm1.1g42nya9h0r2z$.dlg@40tude.net> Bartosz Bien <bartoszbien@wp.pl> writes:

    >Hello friends,

    >I'm looking for a simple Sudoku puzzle generator (C++ source code would be
    >best). I browsed some sourceforge projects, but these are mostly in Java
    >and rather too complex.

    >A decent descriptive document would be good as well.

    Well it is rather easy to generate random sudoku problems with a unique solutions.

    1. Program a routines that returns the numbers of solution to a grid. It can be
    done in 20-50 lines recursive brute-force. Easy.

    2. Add numbers to a grid if you have more than one solution.

    3. Remove numbers if there are no solution to the grid.

    4. Print the grid if there are precis one solution.

    /Martin

Document Games Video Games