Sudoku generator

Last response: in Video Games
August 31, 2005 11:19:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

Hello friends,

I'm looking for a simple Sudoku puzzle generator (C++ source code would be
best). I browsed some sourceforge projects, but these are mostly in Java
and rather too complex.

A decent descriptive document would be good as well.

--
Best regards,
BB

More about : sudoku generator

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 1:52:16 PM

In <1nl1msgkedxm1.1g42nya9h0r2z$.dlg@40tude.net> Bartosz Bien <bartoszbien@wp.pl> writes:

>Hello friends,

>I'm looking for a simple Sudoku puzzle generator (C++ source code would be
>best). I browsed some sourceforge projects, but these are mostly in Java
>and rather too complex.

>A decent descriptive document would be good as well.

Well it is rather easy to generate random sudoku problems with a unique solutions.

1. Program a routines that returns the numbers of solution to a grid. It can be
done in 20-50 lines recursive brute-force. Easy.

2. Add numbers to a grid if you have more than one solution.

3. Remove numbers if there are no solution to the grid.

4. Print the grid if there are precis one solution.

/Martin
!