please recommend controller + preAmp!

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
July 23, 2004 11:39:45 AM

I have a m-audio firewire410 which I love.
I might be selling it to a friend of mine & buying something new.

I usually use softsynths & then adding vocals via a mic. I never add
external guitars etc. Also, my studio needs to be mobile, I have a
laptop. And carrying the laptop around with the firwire410 external
midi/pre-amp box and my old controller is a pain!

I wish there was a usb-2 or firwire controller with a mic pre-amp
built-in! That way I combine two things in one. Does such a thing
exist?

If not, is there something smaller than the firewire410 thats as good
for my needs. The firewire410 has all kinds of inputs on the back
that I'm never going to use, and the box is heavy and large to fit in
my laptop case. Thanks!

Jason Shohet
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 23, 2004 7:11:00 PM

In article <e3b3e2b5.0407230639.7189dc19@posting.google.com> ash477@hotmail.com writes:

> I wish there was a usb-2 or firwire controller with a mic pre-amp
> built-in! That way I combine two things in one. Does such a thing
> exist?

Take a look at the Ozone from M-Audio. http://tinyurl.com/48rur

I've never heard or tickled one, but it sounds like it does what
you're looking for, it's compact and light, and it's under $300.