Newbie with a P910i wish list. Help please

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
May 8, 2005 1:17:43 AM

Hi all

Had my Psion 5 mx stolen and so have just received a P910i from the
insurance co. I was thinking of changing but am still in 2 minds about
whether to go back to a refurbed mx. he screen on this is lovely though
compared to the 5.

What I miss is the following,

1) A series 5 Agenda type programme which could be archived every year and
had the search by letter field. Calander just isn't as good.

2) Palmtop (Tom Tom?) Route & Street Planner software. I've loaded Steve's
Mapper GB from 3Lib but it's not the same. I want the maps on the Phone not
having to download during use as I understand some programmes need you to.

3) A Macro5 type shortcut programme so you can go directly to files rather
than to the folders through the programmes.
(Also can you actually make an Explorer like tree structure?)

4) A word processor with a spellcheck that can be converted to Word on the
PC if necessary even as a RTF

Is there any 3rd party software which does any of the above. I'll have a
look tomorrow on the web but any recommedations of where to start would be
useful.

Also is there a way of using the "enter" key in the address field in
Contacts. Some addresses are long and with only a limited number of fields
the addresses don't word wrap properly. I've only just started using
Contacts properly this week so may have missed something, if so I apologize
for my ignorance. I've always used the Data programme for my contacts
before.

Regards

Jeff T

More about : newbie p910i list

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 1:59:43 PM

On Sat, 07 May 2005 21:17:43 GMT, Jiff wrote:

> 1) A series 5 Agenda type programme which could be archived every year
> and had the search by letter field. Calander just isn't as good.

> 2) Palmtop (Tom Tom?) Route & Street Planner software. I've loaded
> Steve's Mapper GB from 3Lib but it's not the same. I want the maps on
> the Phone not having to download during use as I understand some
> programmes need you to.

> 3) A Macro5 type shortcut programme so you can go directly to files
> rather than to the folders through the programmes. (Also can you
> actually make an Explorer like tree structure?)

> 4) A word processor with a spellcheck that can be converted to Word on the
> PC if necessary even as a RTF

> Is there any 3rd party software which does any of the above. I'll have a
> look tomorrow on the web but any recommedations of where to start would
> be useful.

> Also is there a way of using the "enter" key in the address field in
> Contacts. Some addresses are long and with only a limited number of
> fields the addresses don't word wrap properly. I've only just started
> using Contacts properly this week so may have missed something, if so I
> apologize for my ignorance. I've always used the Data programme for my
> contacts before.

I too moved from my trusty 5MX to the P910i for about a month!

I've still got my 5MX, just had it at POS Ltd for a new hinge, what a
brilliant company! They also sell 5MXs refurbed I think?

But I've since got a Nokia 9500, now this is more like the 5MX, although it
still has the problem with address fields like the P910i so I'm not sure
what the answer is to that one.

But if you want to stick with the P910 there is loads of good software
available. Try for starters:

http://www.symbianware.com
http://my-symbian.com
http://www.handango.com/sonyericsson