MN-500 Signal Boosting

I live in a duplex apartment. My base station is located
at the rear on the top floor. My laptop loses the
network when I work on the front lower level some 60 feet
away. Is there any method to boost the signal strength of
the MN-500 like a repeater used for walkie-talkies in
office buildings?

Thanks for all replies
1 answer Last reply
More about signal boosting

    You could use another MN-500 at a mid-point as an access point, but it would
    need to be wired to the router. There is no way to boost the signal on the
    Microsoft products, because they have two antenna - one internal and one
    external. Have you tried changing channels, or the location of the base
    station (away from walls and electrical devices, higher or lower)?
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "Gerard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I live in a duplex apartment. My base station is located
    > at the rear on the top floor. My laptop loses the
    > network when I work on the front lower level some 60 feet
    > away. Is there any method to boost the signal strength of
    > the MN-500 like a repeater used for walkie-talkies in
    > office buildings?
    >
    > Thanks for all replies

Routers Hardware Microsoft Networking