MN-500 Firewall Problem

dwayne

Greetings,

For some reason, my MN-500 seems to have port 25, 80, and
113 open. I didn't open these ports. At one time, I had
opened them and forwarded them to a machine inside my
network, but I had disabled these port mappings long
ago. The router shows that there are no port mappings
open. Anyone have any idea why they are still showing
open in a port scan and how to fix it? I thought maybe
there was a bug in the firmware, but there are no newer
versions available.

Dwayne

dwayne

I did a soft reset and the ports are now blocked. That's
strange. I don't think that it was designed to work that
way. I wonder how many other people think that the ports
are being blocked properly when they are not?

Dwayne