1066 RDram wont run 1066???

Mopar_Mudder

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
i just built a P4 2.26 with a Asus P4T533-C mother board. It has 512K of PC1066 Rdram that came from Components Direct. When the BIOS is set to Auto for the ram multiplier it goes to x3, which is for 800mhz, at this everything runs fine and stable. When I set it to x4, for 1066 mhz, something windows wont even load up. Other times it load then programs start doing strange things and locking up. Any ideas????

BigRollTide

Distinguished
May 31, 2002
Did you get the Samsung MR16R28AFO-CM chips? I just got those, but am still waiting on the other parts to the computer and cannot test if they will work yet.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Isn't Components Direct the company selling PC800 as PC1066? Auto setting reads the SPD info from the chip and sets it according to whatever the chip is designated at, I think you have PC800.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

BigRollTide

Distinguished
May 31, 2002
Are they really selling pc800 as pc1066? So they are putting their own Samsung stickers on the chips and imprinting the memory chips themselves? The memory chip is imprinted with the model number....I hope this is just a rumor.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Look back a couple weeks in the post and find out who it was that people were griping about, I'm not exactly sure it was them.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=50761#50761" target="_new">Here's your information</A>

Mopar_Mudder

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
Ya I just pulled it out and checked, yep I got screwed. I took some pictures and they will be getting a call from me in the morining.....

BigRollTide

Distinguished
May 31, 2002
I am RMAing mine for a refund. They admitted that it was a mistake, but they blamed it on their vendor. They said that they now had the real memory in stock and could send me that as a replacement. I don't trust these guys though, and am getting a refund. If it was a mistake, then why did they sell the wrong stuff for a month???!!! Samsung says on their website that the 1066 RIMMs won't be produced until this month (today being the 1st day of the month, sp how do they have them already?). I guess I'll have to use Kingston....it is faster (32ns) anyway.

Mopar_Mudder

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
Yea I just talked to then and they will replace it with kingston memory. The kingstaon is 40ns and the Samsung is 35ns right? They didn't even offer the "right" Samsung memory. I found another site that has the Samsung stuff for $119 each, I think I will go that way rather then settle for what they are trying to give me