Sign in with
Your question

What a good Wireless router for a small bussiness

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 25, 2012 4:54:59 PM

good day,

Router ive setup for ~ 30 users keeps disconnecting, what a good wireless router that could hold up to 50 users.

Please recommend me one.

Thanks
June 25, 2012 5:08:54 PM

what router are you using now?

how many users are wireless?
m
l
June 25, 2012 5:35:03 PM

Emerald said:
what router are you using now?

how many users are wireless?

am using Buffalo N600

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=buffalo+router...

was fine up to 8 users , but i hired like 10 additional employees past month, and am getting another 10 this mnth.

so you can say ~ 30 users are using it
m
l
Related resources
June 25, 2012 6:01:38 PM

I have had good experience with the ASUS RT-N16

However, if you are trying to connect 30 something devices wirelessly you might want to configure the Belkin as an additional AP (Access Point) with a separate SSID and divide the traffic between the two.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/36406-43-convert-wire...
m
l
June 25, 2012 6:03:41 PM

Emerald said:
I have had good experience with the ASUS RT-N16

However, if you are trying to connect 30 something devices wirelessly you might want to configure the Belkin as an additional AP (Access Point) with a separate SSID and divide the traffic between the two.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/36406-43-convert-wire...

i read the sticky above, but dont not sure if it can hold 30 users even as an AP.

and another thing, if i disable dhcp , ill have to set ip manually right?
m
l
June 25, 2012 6:10:38 PM

Quote:
i read the sticky above, but dont not sure if it can hold 30 users even as an AP.

each, the router and the AP, will support about 15 users

Quote:
and another thing, if i disable dhcp , ill have to set ip manually right?

NO since the AP is connected to the main router LAN port to LAN port via the network cable, the main router will provide the IPs. The AP will act like a wireless switch.
Just make sure that the LAN IP of the AP is of the same IP scheme then the main router
m
l
June 25, 2012 6:14:35 PM

Emerald said:

each, the router and the AP, will support about 15 users

NO since the AP is connected to the main router LAN port to LAN port via the network cable, the main router will provide the IPs. The AP will act like a wireless switch.
Just make sure that the LAN IP of the AP is of the same IP scheme then the main router

thats the thing buddy i dont have an Access Point, i only have a router
m
l
June 26, 2012 3:14:19 AM

you asked for a recommendation for a new router which I recommended the ASUS RT-N16

if that one by itself does not work I recommended to use the Belkin and configure it as an AP to take half of the load
m
l
June 26, 2012 6:07:12 AM

Emerald said:
you asked for a recommendation for a new router which I recommended the ASUS RT-N16

if that one by itself does not work I recommended to use the Belkin and configure it as an AP to take half of the load

kk great. appreciated
m
l
!