Sign in with
Your question

MSN.com searches bring up a blank tab. Win7 using IE9.

Last response: in Windows 7
April 18, 2012 4:22:08 PM

MSN.com is my fathers homepage on his pc and he asked me to come over and look at it since it recently started where if he would search for something on MSN it would open up a blank tab next to the MSN page tab with nothing in it at all. When you close it or go back to the MSN page the word you searched for is still there but there is no search results displayed. Searches work perfectly fine on google just as they should, problem seems strictly with MSN.

I checked and double checked to make sure he didnt have some addon running, I checked for viruses, I checked for toolbars and I checked the tab settings (I tried setting them to default) and I found nothing.

Having him simply just use google as his homepage isnt an option. He isnt real tech friendly and he is 68 so he doesnt exactly like using things he isnt already familliar with and comfortable with.

His pc is running 32bit windows 7 with all the updates and internet explorer 9.

Any ideas because Im stumped.

Thank you.
May 4, 2012 7:02:00 PM

I'm experiencing the same thing one on of the Win7 machines in the office (32-bit as well) as search from the msn.com page will only open up a blank tab. Not sure what to try here.

gargus said:
MSN.com is my fathers homepage on his pc and he asked me to come over and look at it since it recently started where if he would search for something on MSN it would open up a blank tab next to the MSN page tab with nothing in it at all. When you close it or go back to the MSN page the word you searched for is still there but there is no search results displayed. Searches work perfectly fine on google just as they should, problem seems strictly with MSN.

I checked and double checked to make sure he didnt have some addon running, I checked for viruses, I checked for toolbars and I checked the tab settings (I tried setting them to default) and I found nothing.

Having him simply just use google as his homepage isnt an option. He isnt real tech friendly and he is 68 so he doesnt exactly like using things he isnt already familliar with and comfortable with.

His pc is running 32bit windows 7 with all the updates and internet explorer 9.

Any ideas because Im stumped.

Thank you.

m
l
!