Jun 25, 2012
Hello,
i just recently put windows xp on my computer and i am newish to windows. i have a wireless pci card, i can find the drivers but have been told i need more than just the drivers (i need the software along with them.) i went to download that but found out the company's website is gone because they went out of business and that seems to be the only place where i could have gotten everything i needed. company is Zonet by the way model of pci wireless card is ZEW1602A also i tried to hook up my computer by ethernet, and in the ethernet hook up area it glows orange so i know it is making connection, but the computer doesnt even aknowledge that its there. i am stumped on what to do, i have tried the hardware wizard and i have tried to find the drivers on another computer, but nothing i try works, any suggestions please?

okay lets take a step back. before trying to get your wifi working, you mentioned your ethernet wasnt working either. so there is something bigger going on here. You also mentioned you recently put WIndowsXP on your computer. Did you install all the drivers for your devices? such an old operating system probably wont be able to automatically identify all your computer equipment. for example you may need to manually install drivers for the network adaptor as well as the wifi adaptor. also you do not need any special software to make the wifi adaptor work, but you DO need the drivers. if you cannot find the drivers ie the company went out of business, then you will need to purchase a new one instead.