Sign in with
Your question

How do i restore network settings on windows 7 after changing the domain to a wo

Last response: in Windows 7
April 18, 2012 5:15:07 PM

Hi,

I accidently took my laptop off the domain while installing a printer from a workgroup network, and placed the laptop on the workgroup, once restarted I cannot log in anymore, I am trying the password recovery tools to log into the administrator account.

Is there a way for me to roll back the settings and have it back on the domain the way it was without being connected to the domain ?

And to get the user account back the way it was (basically just the network settings) so that I do not have to setup a new profile and migrate all the settings and programs ?

Thanks in advance for your guys assistance
Bevan

More about : restore network settings windows changing domain

April 18, 2012 5:26:34 PM

I have not yet, and there is a restore point showing the last time I updated windows which was yesterday, so I am going to try that, just wanted to check if it would work or if there are any catches or tricks I should be aware of before I do that ?

and also I will have to do this from the administrator account then am I correct ?

Thanks again for your reply hawkeye, I appreciate it
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a c 233 $ Windows 7
April 18, 2012 5:32:28 PM

Yes, you need to be an admin to do this. Any programs and windows updates that were installed after the restore point will need reinstalled as well as any system changes that may have been made after the restore point.

You can also revert to a newer restore point, so if you want, you can create a restore point, then revert to an older restore point. If it doesn't fix the problem, then you can then restore to the restore point you just created.
m
l
April 18, 2012 6:36:03 PM

Thanks man, I am going to give this a shot and will post back the results
m
l
!