Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

MN-820 wired and wireless network sharing

Last response: in Networking
Share
April 25, 2004 12:56:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

I've connected a wired PC and a wireless laptop according
to the wizard and enabled sharing (both running XP) and
both are in the same workgroup according to the setup
wizard. Both successfully see the internet, but they
don't see each other. It appears the wired network and
wireless network aren't talking. Any help/suggestions?

Thanks!
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 1:23:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

You're not running any third-party firewalls are you? You need to watch
Symantec (Norton) programs and ZoneAlarm. They'll hide LAN machines from
each other unless you specifically program them to allow the traffic.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP
http://nicecreations.us/
Associate Expert
Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3dcb01c42add$cf692510$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> I've connected a wired PC and a wireless laptop according
> to the wizard and enabled sharing (both running XP) and
> both are in the same workgroup according to the setup
> wizard. Both successfully see the internet, but they
> don't see each other. It appears the wired network and
> wireless network aren't talking. Any help/suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
April 25, 2004 1:33:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

I am using ZoneAlarm. I'll try shutting it off.

Thanks!

>-----Original Message-----
>You're not running any third-party firewalls are you?
You need to watch
>Symantec (Norton) programs and ZoneAlarm. They'll hide
LAN machines from
>each other unless you specifically program them to allow
the traffic.
>--
>Chris H.
>Microsoft Windows MVP
>http://nicecreations.us/
>Associate Expert
>Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
>"Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:3dcb01c42add$cf692510$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> I've connected a wired PC and a wireless laptop
according
>> to the wizard and enabled sharing (both running XP) and
>> both are in the same workgroup according to the setup
>> wizard. Both successfully see the internet, but they
>> don't see each other. It appears the wired network and
>> wireless network aren't talking. Any help/suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
>
>.
>
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 1:45:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

"Shutting it off" doesn't always work, Keith. If you "exit" from the
toolbar icon, that's just exiting the icon itself, not turning the program
off completely. Try setting up ZA to allow the LAN traffic.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP
http://nicecreations.us/
Associate Expert
Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3de801c42ae3$0ff82540$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>I am using ZoneAlarm. I'll try shutting it off.
>
> Thanks!
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>You're not running any third-party firewalls are you?
> You need to watch
>>Symantec (Norton) programs and ZoneAlarm. They'll hide
> LAN machines from
>>each other unless you specifically program them to allow
> the traffic.
>>--
>>Chris H.
>>Microsoft Windows MVP
>>http://nicecreations.us/
>>Associate Expert
>>Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>>"Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
>>news:3dcb01c42add$cf692510$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>>> I've connected a wired PC and a wireless laptop
> according
>>> to the wizard and enabled sharing (both running XP) and
>>> both are in the same workgroup according to the setup
>>> wizard. Both successfully see the internet, but they
>>> don't see each other. It appears the wired network and
>>> wireless network aren't talking. Any help/suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>>
>>.
>>
Related resources
!