Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Antivirus software for windows 7 ultimate

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
February 8, 2010 11:15:23 AM

free antivirus software for windows 7 ultimate
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2010 11:26:37 AM

Go for avast antivirus or avira antivir!

Both are best!
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a c 395 $ Windows 7
a b è Antivirus
February 8, 2010 12:56:18 PM

avast 5.0 free works great on both of my win 7 computers.also use malwarebytes free edition,and pc tools firewall plus free edition!
these three freebies are wonderful!
m
0
l
Related resources
February 8, 2010 3:52:35 PM

agreed with avast or antivir but make sure u get a malware protect aswell. Malwarebite anti malware is my choice
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2010 4:55:11 PM

+1 to Avira. Great protection, live updates, light on the resources, and free.

Malwarebytes is a great program as well. However, it's just a malware cleaner. It doesn't provide live protection.
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a c 395 $ Windows 7
a b è Antivirus
February 8, 2010 6:37:29 PM

the paid malwarebytes is fantastic real time proection!
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2010 7:31:07 PM

Avast and Malwarebytes. Use them together.
m
0
l
February 24, 2010 12:04:48 AM

csmilesuman, I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials since Windows 7's RC period. I have 7 Pro (x64) Anyways, it's free, it's made by Microsoft so it understand the Windows environment better than all those 3rd party wannabes and while I was really hesitant to even try it, I really appreciate that it's actually a very lean and mean security suite. With Avast (free) and BitDefender (paid) I used to get false-positives from left and right, with this I don't. With Avast I got infections all the time from my porno surfing. That's a non-issue now. Good luck!
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
February 24, 2010 1:26:56 AM

omnimodis78 said:
csmilesuman, I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials since Windows 7's RC period. I have 7 Pro (x64) Anyways, it's free, it's made by Microsoft so it understand the Windows environment better than all those 3rd party wannabes and while I was really hesitant to even try it, I really appreciate that it's actually a very lean and mean security suite. With Avast (free) and BitDefender (paid) I used to get false-positives from left and right, with this I don't. With Avast I got infections all the time from my porno surfing. That's a non-issue now. Good luck!


The best protection is user education. Try surfing some cleaner sites :o 
m
0
l
February 24, 2010 3:00:43 AM

lol i have a combination of google chrome for a web broser(get rid of internet explorer!) and avast antivirus I have never had an issue with false possitives or anything! also i have glary utilities wich i use to clean my system of spyware all the time (awesome program) good luck
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
February 24, 2010 3:27:01 AM

Download & Install the following 3 freewares. It forms a free complete security suite for your system!
1. Avira Anvivir - http://www.free-av.com/en/download/index.html .
Avira has very good internet security, real time updates, great overall protection.

2. Malwarebytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org/ .
Malwarebytes is one of the best malware scanners.

3. Ccleaner - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download .
Ccleaner is a great all purpose tool. The most useful tool is probably the registry cleaner.

The Best Security combo for all types of systems.
m
0
l
February 24, 2010 5:54:42 PM

saran008 said:
Download & Install the following 3 freewares. It forms a free complete security suite for your system!
1. Avira Anvivir - http://www.free-av.com/en/download/index.html .
Avira has very good internet security, real time updates, great overall protection.

2. Malwarebytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org/ .
Malwarebytes is one of the best malware scanners.

3. Ccleaner - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download .
Ccleaner is a great all purpose tool. The most useful tool is probably the registry cleaner.

The Best Security combo for all types of systems.


Glary utilities does the same thing as Ccleaner and is also a spyware remover and has a document shedder and recovery tool, a memory optimizer, a system tools runner, and many more cool features i have yet to venture to!! i have been using glary for 3 years now and would recomend it to anyone!!

as for avira I hear it is better than avast in some features like being light on your system... however the avast database is much larger so its chances of finding a virus are much bigger!
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 24, 2010 9:43:32 PM

Microsoft Security Essentials is quite good. And free.
m
0
l
March 3, 2010 2:27:57 AM

aford10 said:
The best protection is user education. Try surfing some cleaner sites :o 

Well that's mighty interesting given that porn is pretty much all we gravitate to while online (yes, we can lie but it's still a lie) - and besides that, security threats can show up in emails, portable drives, even some not-so-shady sites. So yes, I agree with you that awareness and caution is the best approach, but then we wouldn't need condoms in this World either, now would we? :kaola: 
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2010 11:36:16 AM

I find Avast to be really good, even the free version is great. Avira seems to be good, but every time it does an update, the free version brings up a pop-up window that you have to dismiss, asking you to purchase the full version.

Also, the free version of Avast has real-time email scanning as your email comes in. Avira doesn't, but it will stop bad attachments when they are launched. Pick your poison.
m
0
l
March 3, 2010 11:59:07 AM

yea i have the avast/google chrome combo and nothing gets past!!!
m
0
l
March 4, 2010 12:17:10 AM

thanks guys this thread helped me alot, wasnt sure what i needed :) 
m
0
l
!