Solved

Can not recover system with recovery disks

my 5 month old computer would no longer boot, it automatically ran start up repair, after about 6 hours said could not repair, took me to restore, but then said couldn't restore due to I/O error, tried recovery option with data back up with disks but get fail due to I/O error, tried again on the complete factory restore and got error of not enough memory to complete. can I recover my system?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about recover system recovery disks
  1. Hi :)

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc....

If it fails return under warranty...

All the best Brett :)
  2. How do I do that? computer will not start without the first recovery disk inserted and it takes me straight to recovery screen. Seems the hard drive was formatted in the attempt to recover the first time, but will not load the disk due to insufficient memory error.
  3. whats the make and model number?

it may have a hidden recovery partition
  4. mcnumpty23 said:
    whats the make and model number?

it may have a hidden recovery partition

Unfortunately I am at work, don't have the number, it is from the Gateway NV series and it did have a hidden partition, called Acer but looks like that is wiped too. when recovery option came up again it showed partian name blank. I am confused as to why the recovery discs do not work, I thought that is what they were for?
  5. how do I delete what ever might be on the hard drive hidden or otherwise and try to load the discs again? The last choice on the recovery mgmt screen says I have to delete all data on the hd before restoring to factory default, but I don't see any option on how to delete the data. At this point the only access to the computer is with the first recovery disc inserted. And it only lets me into the recovery mgmt screen. It starts to load disc when it is about 15% I get the I/O error or the insufficient memory error.
  6. Best answer
    this free software may recover the recovery partition

http://www.easeus.com/partition-recovery/

if it doesnt they have other free partition software that will delete the drive
  7. BrendaAW said:
    my 5 month old computer would no longer boot, it automatically ran start up repair, after about 6 hours said could not repair, took me to restore, but then said couldn't restore due to I/O error, tried recovery option with data back up with disks but get fail due to I/O error, tried again on the complete factory restore and got error of not enough memory to complete. can I recover my system?

Hi Brenda,

I would go into the BIOS by pressing the Esc key, or F2, or the Del key as it booting up.

Some of the computers come with a hard drive test inside the bios.
    It will either say Hard Drive test, DPT short test or DPT test, or diagnostics.
    If the hard drive is bad, it will usually return an error code of 07.
  8. When I try to do recovery discs, now it says not enough space to complete operation.
    how do I delete the data on the hard drive from the start up window since I can't get the computer to start anymore.
    maybe if I can delete everything off the hard drive, then I can load the recovery discs?
  9. Best answer selected by BrendaAW.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Data Recovery Computers Windows 7