What alternative to Palm Desktop or Outlook?

May 6, 2004 5:45:56 PM

Hi,

I've just recently started using my pc a lot more and it would be
easier to enter data onto my palm TE via the pc as opposed to using
the E itself.
However, I find that the palm desktop app is a bit wanting; an opinion
I'm, sure, no one is surprised to hear.
Another non-surprise is that I can't stand outlook.
Do I have any other options?
I've used Lotus Organizer in the past and it's ok. I think I own 6.0
but have had a hard time syncing when I used my trg pro.
Will the E be easier to sync?

Thanks to all.
Shawn
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 4:36:58 PM

we use act at work and it does great with the palm. expensive for one user
but i find it well worth it.
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 7:15:40 PM

Because I use (and am a big fan of) Agendus on the Palm, form me the
answer was a no-brainer - Agendus for Windows.
http://www.iambic.com/agendus/win/

you can download a 30 day eval.

ubw

On 6 May 2004 13:45:56 -0700, Shawn@Thrillofthechase.biz (Shawn)
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've just recently started using my pc a lot more and it would be
>easier to enter data onto my palm TE via the pc as opposed to using
>the E itself.
>However, I find that the palm desktop app is a bit wanting; an opinion
>I'm, sure, no one is surprised to hear.
>Another non-surprise is that I can't stand outlook.
>Do I have any other options?
>I've used Lotus Organizer in the past and it's ok. I think I own 6.0
>but have had a hard time syncing when I used my trg pro.
>Will the E be easier to sync?
>
>Thanks to all.
>Shawn

UBW
Related resources
May 7, 2004 8:23:24 PM

> Because I use (and am a big fan of) Agendus on the Palm, form me the
> answer was a no-brainer - Agendus for Windows.
> http://www.iambic.com/agendus/win/

Hey, that's a great idea! I use, and am a big fan of DateBk5. Any
idea if that and Agendus can reside on the palm in a friendly manner?
Will there be conflicts?

Thanks
Shawn
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 10:43:15 PM

If you really want to go high end, and can afford the sofware, or
write it off on someone, try Commence (www.commence.com). It has by
far the most computing power of any PIM I've seen. It uses agent
technology so it can look at your data, make decisions you've
progtammed it to make, and process data all kinds of ways. Some simple
examples I use it for:
I have income fields in the category "Appointment". If an appt
generates income, and I don't mark it done after it's due date,
Commence reminds me via pop-up (or any of a number of ways I can
choose) to mark it done. If I fail to invoice for the work, it reminds
me of that, and if I don't get paid in a certain amount of time, it
reminds me that payment is overdue. Once I've created an invoice from
an appointmemnt, another agent creates a letter in Word, based on a
template I've created, using the client's name, address and other info
from the invoice. I don't have to fill in anything in most cases. It
uses the Palm Desktop conduit to import data from my Palm M500, and
processes that data according to rules I've given it. It does a
hundred other things, all without real programming.
It does take a while to get used to, but can do so many things that no
other PIM can come close to. And I've gotten support online in this
forum. There are other Commensers lurking about, willing to help.
Check it out!
Dave

ubw <ubwnews@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:<us9n90hm9lua6ol43nc0ndg3vm5m9kvtev@4ax.com>...
> Because I use (and am a big fan of) Agendus on the Palm, form me the
> answer was a no-brainer - Agendus for Windows.
> http://www.iambic.com/agendus/win/
>
> you can download a 30 day eval.
>

> ubw
>
> On 6 May 2004 13:45:56 -0700, Shawn@Thrillofthechase.biz (Shawn)
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've just recently started using my pc a lot more and it would be
> >easier to enter data onto my palm TE via the pc as opposed to using
> >the E itself.
> >However, I find that the palm desktop app is a bit wanting; an opinion
> >I'm, sure, no one is surprised to hear.
> >Another non-surprise is that I can't stand outlook.
> >Do I have any other options?
> >I've used Lotus Organizer in the past and it's ok. I think I own 6.0
> >but have had a hard time syncing when I used my trg pro.
> >Will the E be easier to sync?
> >
> >Thanks to all.
> >Shawn
>
> UBW
May 8, 2004 3:24:59 AM

On 7 May 2004 16:23:24 -0700, Shawn@Thrillofthechase.biz (Shawn)
waived the right to be silent and professed:

>> Because I use (and am a big fan of) Agendus on the Palm, form me the
>> answer was a no-brainer - Agendus for Windows.
>> http://www.iambic.com/agendus/win/
>
>Hey, that's a great idea! I use, and am a big fan of DateBk5. Any
>idea if that and Agendus can reside on the palm in a friendly manner?
>Will there be conflicts?
>
>Thanks
>Shawn

Agendus and DateBk5 are competing products. They both server the same
purpose.

--
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
May 8, 2004 4:54:30 AM

> Agendus and DateBk5 are competing products. They both server the same
> purpose.

I know. They do the same things, sort of, but do them differently.
I use and enjoy DateBk5. I have tried Agendus in the past and liked
DateBk5 better.
But Agendus has a desktop version that I would like to try.
I'm just wondering if DateBk5 and Agendus will co-exist on my E in a
friendly fashion.

Thanks
Shawn
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 6:04:36 AM

Intellisync from pumatech.com

wrote:

|Hi,
|
|I've just recently started using my pc a lot more and it would be
|easier to enter data onto my palm TE via the pc as opposed to using
|the E itself.
|However, I find that the palm desktop app is a bit wanting; an opinion
|I'm, sure, no one is surprised to hear.
|Another non-surprise is that I can't stand outlook.
|Do I have any other options?
|I've used Lotus Organizer in the past and it's ok. I think I own 6.0
|but have had a hard time syncing when I used my trg pro.
|Will the E be easier to sync?
|
|Thanks to all.
|Shawn
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 7:11:52 AM

On Thu, 06 May 2004 13:45:56 -0700, I think Shawn gave this opinion:

> Hi,
>
> I've just recently started using my pc a lot more and it would be
> easier to enter data onto my palm TE via the pc as opposed to using
> the E itself.
> However, I find that the palm desktop app is a bit wanting; an opinion
> I'm, sure, no one is surprised to hear.
> Another non-surprise is that I can't stand outlook.
> Do I have any other options?
> I've used Lotus Organizer in the past and it's ok. I think I own 6.0
> but have had a hard time syncing when I used my trg pro.
> Will the E be easier to sync?
>
> Thanks to all.
> Shawn

Move to Linux, use JPilot or KPilot.

Rory (aka Bozo)
--
Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend.
...Inside of a dog, its too dark to read.

-Groucho
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 4:05:54 PM

On 8 May 2004 00:54:30 -0700, Shawn had this to say...

> > Agendus and DateBk5 are competing products. They both server the same
> > purpose.
>
> I know. They do the same things, sort of, but do them differently.
> I use and enjoy DateBk5. I have tried Agendus in the past and liked
> DateBk5 better.
> But Agendus has a desktop version that I would like to try.
> I'm just wondering if DateBk5 and Agendus will co-exist on my E in a
> friendly fashion.
>
> Thanks
> Shawn

The author of Datebk5 has mentioned in the Yahoo groups that he is
working on a desktop suite for Palm OS6.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

On Fri, 07 May 2004 12:36:58 GMT, "grilla" <grilla@swbell.net> wrote:

>we use act at work and it does great with the palm. expensive for one user
>but i find it well worth it.

Have you tried Agdenus for Windows?
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 4:53:47 PM

On 8 May 2004 00:54:30 -0700, Shawn@Thrillofthechase.biz (Shawn)
wrote:

>> Agendus and DateBk5 are competing products. They both server the same
>> purpose.
>
>I know. They do the same things, sort of, but do them differently.
>I use and enjoy DateBk5. I have tried Agendus in the past and liked
>DateBk5 better.
>But Agendus has a desktop version that I would like to try.
>I'm just wondering if DateBk5 and Agendus will co-exist on my E in a
>friendly fashion.
>
>Thanks
>Shawn
I use DateBk5 on my Palm and Agendus for windows on my desktop with no
problems. They are working on a even more powerful version for the
near future.

Richard
!