k700i battery life

Last response: in Brands
May 29, 2005 11:23:08 PM

Can somebody tell what they are getting out of there k700i by way of battery
life it feels like mine spends most of its life on the charger and i dont
use it that much.

thanks

More about : k700i battery life

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 2:39:45 AM

Sean Smith wrote:
> Can somebody tell what they are getting out of there k700i by way of battery
> life it feels like mine spends most of its life on the charger and i dont
> use it that much.

Some earlier postings have said that it depends on the firmware
version. I have had my phone replaced twice and the battery three
times (the first battery only lasted two weeks before dying totally)
and the times are still lousy.

For instance, will generally only last two days with only four short
calls and three SMS in that time. That is if I recharge with the phone
still on and the "optimised charge" goes through.

If I turn the phone off for a recharge it will only last one day
however! Doesn't make sense at all.

As I do with all my phones the initial charge was for 16 hours at
least. Recharge times vary between two hours and twelve, and the phone
is never removed from the charger unless full power is shown. I rarely
use the GPRS so that can't drain the power. I do however sometimes use
quite a bit of SMS, and this drains the power like it's going out of
fashion - for instance twenty or so SMS will usually cut the battery
life to a day and a half.

It's the first Sony-Ericsson that I've had with such a poor battery
life. I am making a pest of myself with the dealer as every time a
battery gets down to one day's charge I'm taking it back for an
exchange - must be costing them a fortune!
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 3:19:51 PM

In message <429a0886$0$301$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>, Sean Smith
<atfz96@dsl.pipex.com> writes
>Can somebody tell what they are getting out of there k700i by way of battery
>life it feels like mine spends most of its life on the charger and i dont
>use it that much.

4-5 days of normal use ie a few calls per day and ~5 txts. It was only 2
days at first before upgrading firmware to AA03.
--
Pete Devlin
"And the devil in a black dress watches over"

> Can somebody tell what they are getting out of there k700i by way of
> battery life it feels like mine spends most of its life on the charger and
> i dont use it that much.

It seem you got the old firmware.The new one takes care of the exactly the
problem with short batterytime.Go to an retailer for an free update
June 7, 2005 6:26:58 PM

Max.2 days with FW R2AE033 - a few calls, 5 SMS per day and 30min.ICQ via
GPRS...
With new FW R2AY004 could be better...

"Sean Smith" <atfz96@dsl.pipex.com> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
> Can somebody tell what they are getting out of there k700i by way of
> battery life it feels like mine spends most of its life on the charger and
> i dont use it that much.
>
> thanks

June 7, 2005 7:48:36 PM

every day i need to charge!!!

where can i get a new firmware (i 'm in holland:p  dennhaag)
is it free? to upgrade?

mark
"Sean Smith" <atfz96@dsl.pipex.com> schreef in bericht

!