k700i battery life

Can somebody tell what they are getting out of there k700i by way of battery
life it feels like mine spends most of its life on the charger and i dont
use it that much.

thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about k700i battery life

    Sean Smith wrote:
    > Can somebody tell what they are getting out of there k700i by way of battery
    > life it feels like mine spends most of its life on the charger and i dont
    > use it that much.

    Some earlier postings have said that it depends on the firmware
    version. I have had my phone replaced twice and the battery three
    times (the first battery only lasted two weeks before dying totally)
    and the times are still lousy.

    For instance, will generally only last two days with only four short
    calls and three SMS in that time. That is if I recharge with the phone
    still on and the "optimised charge" goes through.

    If I turn the phone off for a recharge it will only last one day
    however! Doesn't make sense at all.

    As I do with all my phones the initial charge was for 16 hours at
    least. Recharge times vary between two hours and twelve, and the phone
    is never removed from the charger unless full power is shown. I rarely
    use the GPRS so that can't drain the power. I do however sometimes use
    quite a bit of SMS, and this drains the power like it's going out of
    fashion - for instance twenty or so SMS will usually cut the battery
    life to a day and a half.

    It's the first Sony-Ericsson that I've had with such a poor battery
    life. I am making a pest of myself with the dealer as every time a
    battery gets down to one day's charge I'm taking it back for an
    exchange - must be costing them a fortune!

    In message <429a0886$0$301$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>, Sean Smith
    <atfz96@dsl.pipex.com> writes
    >Can somebody tell what they are getting out of there k700i by way of battery
    >life it feels like mine spends most of its life on the charger and i dont
    >use it that much.

    4-5 days of normal use ie a few calls per day and ~5 txts. It was only 2
    days at first before upgrading firmware to AA03.
    --
    Pete Devlin
    "And the devil in a black dress watches over"

    > Can somebody tell what they are getting out of there k700i by way of
    > battery life it feels like mine spends most of its life on the charger and
    > i dont use it that much.

    It seem you got the old firmware.The new one takes care of the exactly the
    problem with short batterytime.Go to an retailer for an free update

    Max.2 days with FW R2AE033 - a few calls, 5 SMS per day and 30min.ICQ via
    GPRS...
    With new FW R2AY004 could be better...

    "Sean Smith" <atfz96@dsl.pipex.com> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
    > Can somebody tell what they are getting out of there k700i by way of
    > battery life it feels like mine spends most of its life on the charger and
    > i dont use it that much.
    >
    > thanks

    every day i need to charge!!!

    where can i get a new firmware (i 'm in holland:P dennhaag)
    is it free? to upgrade?

    mark
    "Sean Smith" <atfz96@dsl.pipex.com> schreef in bericht
    > Can somebody tell what they are getting out of there k700i by way of
    > battery life it feels like mine spends most of its life on the charger and
    > i dont use it that much.
    >
    > thanks

Ericsson Battery