Unauthorized HTTP Access

Shane

When working on my computer i randomly check the bast
station log and i find multi logs of 2004/04/24 14:09:01
** Unauthorized HTTP Access ** <IP/TCP>
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2874 ->> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80
i have the firewall setup i am on a 128 bit enc. i am
useing mac spefic address deny unless specifc address but
i still get the same message different times of the day.
Any idea i have messed with security many times. only 2
computers on the network and the ip addresses do not
match the two computers. ANY IDEA

shane

Hi,

The log entry means that the built-in firewall on your Base Station is doing
it's job.
There is nothing to worry about on my Base Station i get hundreds of those
Unauthorzied HTTP Access log entries every week.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User