K750I on Orange UK Message reports

Last response: in Brands
June 3, 2005 1:47:39 AM

Hi guys
Just got the k750i which i bloody good IMO.
Mind-you, my last phone was a nokia 3330 which i have for 3 years.
Anyways, i am trying to find out how to turn on delivery reports for text
messages.
Not used to the phone yet so having a few difficulties.
Any ideas what settings i need to change???

Cheers
Gareth
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 1:01:25 AM

"Swiss Tony" <gwhackmybrains@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi guys
> Just got the k750i which i bloody good IMO.
> Mind-you, my last phone was a nokia 3330 which i have for 3 years.
> Anyways, i am trying to find out how to turn on delivery reports for text
> messages.
> Not used to the phone yet so having a few difficulties.
> Any ideas what settings i need to change???

Messaging/Settings/Text Message/Delivery Report/On
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 12:40:55 AM

"Lina & Niall" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "Swiss Tony" <gwhackmybrains@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > Hi guys
> > Just got the k750i which i bloody good IMO.
> > Mind-you, my last phone was a nokia 3330 which i have for 3 years.
> > Anyways, i am trying to find out how to turn on delivery reports for
text
> > messages.
> > Not used to the phone yet so having a few difficulties.
> > Any ideas what settings i need to change???
>
> Messaging/Settings/Text Message/Delivery Report/On

I guessed it would be that but all i get in text message settings is service
center number and max msg lenght.
Nothing to do with delivery reports at all.
I get settings for delivery reports in the picture message settings though
:-(
I may have to buy a new sim card as the one i am using is probably 3 years
old.
June 6, 2005 10:57:53 AM

Swiss Tony wrote:

>>Messaging/Settings/Text Message/Delivery Report/On
>>

> I guessed it would be that but all i get in text message settings is service
> center number and max msg lenght.
> Nothing to do with delivery reports at all.

Is your SIM fairly old?

Ask OCS to send you the messaging update, about 3 years ago Orange
suddenly decided to enable the CSP setting that enabled that menu option
and it started to work on Ericsson and SE phones (most Nokias worked
already).

Worth a try?

--

Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 1:33:42 PM

> Is your SIM fairly old?
>
> Ask OCS to send you the messaging update, about 3 years ago Orange
> suddenly decided to enable the CSP setting that enabled that menu option
> and it started to work on Ericsson and SE phones (most Nokias worked
> already).
>
> Worth a try?
>
> --
>
> Brian Morrison

Brian your a star.
My card was around 3 yrs old.
Phone orange this morning, got the sim update, and now i have all the
correct settings.
Cheers
Gareth
!